pioneer LX70A VS pioneers new blu-ray range

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, i have just been reading that pioneer have launched there new blu-ray player range, i have the pioneer LX70A player at the moment and would like to know if there are any significant changes between the new players to the one i already have. im not bothered about profile 2.0 just picture and sound quality.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The BDP-FD51 ( outgoing ) is the closest model in terms of PQ. The LX52 will give you a lift in performance but not too much. The main thing will be the start up time and quick navigation - two things that really let the LX70a down.

If you can move away from Pioneer then the Sony BDP-S5000es is the model I woudl recommend- a real lift in performance over everything else.

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:
The BDP-FD51 ( outgoing ) is the closest model in terms of PQ. The LX52 will give you a lift in performance but not too much. The main thing will be the start up time and quick navigation - two things that really let the LX70a down.

If you can move away from Pioneer then the Sony BDP-S5000es is the model I woudl recommend- a real lift in performance over everything else.

Even the Pioneer BDP-LX91?

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:TheHomeCinemaCentre:

Seconded......

A

Anonymous

Hi,

What firmware are you using?

I have the LX70A and since the last firmware update (10th June version 3.42) this has massively helped with start and load times (still not the quickest but IMO liveable with).

The PQ and SQ have always impressed me so now with the firmware upgrade I will hold onto mine for longer.

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

hi all

just downloaded the latest firmware and must agree the start up time has improved, i think i will hold on to mine for a while longer. my daughter killed the remaining kit i had and im now back to square one in terms of needing a new amp and speakers, just off topic would anyone be able to reccommend a suitable amp to pair the LX70A with? i did have the denon 2809 until my daughter threw a tantrum while i was at work. my room is a medium size (15ft x 15ft ) and i really need some speakers that could withstand a 2 year old ( my bowers and wilkins 603 s3's could'nt )
emotion-9.gif
i have been looking at the B&W MT30 and 25 packages and thought that may be the way to go, maybe with the pioneer lx71? any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Glad that the firmware update has improved things.

Amp wise - I like the Pioneer sound, but I have an Onkyo which sounds good as well.

Speaker wise - kef eggs (3005's) are pretty robust and should see you right till your 2 year old understands 'NO'

(Or convert the loft and have a no children allowed policy - a niece and her husband has done just that, although their AV kit cost £8,000 the conversion added another £25,000 !)

I suppose it is a balancing act between outlay and lifespan but at least your not replacing the LX-70a now (or at least for a while).

Cheers Si.

A

Anonymous

thanks si,

i will give the kef eggs a demo along with the bowers and wilkins and see how they sound, i have seen the lx71 for under a grand but i may hold off for a little longer and see if they drop anymore with the new range coming out soon, i might even demo some of the new denons as they are getting good reviews at the moment. thanks for all the help guys!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
ValianTX:TheHomeCinemaCentre:

It is a close run thing but yes as a stand alone unit I would opt for the 5000es over the LX91..

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Which was the conclusion of our comparative test, too. Both are superb machines, though - if you're buying at this level, you should ideally audition both...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts