PIONEER LX6090 KURO OR THE KRP 600

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Ive just sold my pioneer 5090 kuro and have managed to find a dealer with a 6090 kuro in stock. Im now wondering wether there is a substantial enough difference between the 6090 and krp 600 to justify the extra 400 quid. Im stretched as it is and not wall mounting so the slimmer width and media box arnt really attractions. Main usages are blurays through my denon 2500 bluray transport and playstation 3 for games. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thankyou all in advance

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Even if you you dont need the media box and not intending to wall mount, it still has pure mode , very good for blu-rays as it switches off all processing stuff and is very accurate out of the box !

The KRP 600A is better on paper, but to be honest, I didn't find any difference in PQ between this and the LX6090. I'm not a videophile. If you're already stretched on your budget, then LX6090 is fine. Having said that, Pioneer is not making TVs any more, and if you want to own the best TV ever, then go for the KRP 600A (not so much for the PQ as for the satisfaction of owning a masterpiece).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The KRP's sometimes look identical in an A/B demo, and seems to be something that you need long exposure to. The KRP's just seem to be a cleaner, clearer picture, making them a little more convincing and solid.

TRENDING THREADS