Pioneer LX55 & LX73

A

Anonymous

will try again.

Hi All,

Just looking for some general guidance on the above 2 amps. I was about to purchase the LX55 when i noticed a deal for the 73, any opinions on what amp my be best suited to a 7.1 setup, mainly watching movies with the odd blast of music.

I am trying to find out the main differences between the 2, i know that the LX55 is the latest model and the 73 is a slightly higher model from last year, but what might the differences be in terms of sound quality.

A

Anonymous

currently have mission MV8/MVC MV4 surround, will be getting the RX6 AV12 package in Feb.

The LX55 has AirPlay built-in but the LX73 doesn't, if that feature is important for you. LX73 is more suited to your future speakers, but the LX55 is powered enough to drive them. LX73 has 2 extra channels which may not be useful to you. The LX55 has an extra HDMI port, but even 6 in the LX73 is sufficient.

Check this:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/62/98/405/compare.html?__P4=48905&__P5=55732

I would demo both of them, & if I don't notice any difference between the two, I would pick up the LX55 for its extra features.

A

Anonymous

Went with the LX55, picked it up last night from Richersounds who did a price promise, spent most of the night installing it. Big credit to RS, i have never had a bad experience with these guys and they always beat other prices. I managed to get a real bargain and take into acount the cash i got for my Denon I am very pleased with my new Home Cinema addition.

Amp is a fantastic upgrade and i'm actually suprised at how well it does with music, anyway just waiting for my new TV to turn up on Sunday and i'll be all set for from Christmas movie time...