pioneer lx508 or panny 50pz70/ 700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
howdy.

im looking to upgrade my 42pv500 and have narrowed it down to 2 plasma ( with the 2 different versions of each)

im thinking the pioneer pdplx508, which i have read is amazing which is quite expensive and there is also the pdplx5080 which is a bit cheaper and includes the side speakers and table top stand.

or there is the panasonics which are literally less than half the price of the pioneers.

so i guess what im asking is whether the lx508 is actually that much greater than the panasonics.

i dont actually mind spending the money, as im actually not going to buy another for a long time. i bought the 42pv500 for £2400 less than 2 years ago.

im also looking for a dvd recorder and have narrowed it down to-

pioneer dvr550HXS

sony hxd970

any opinions on either of those?

thanks,

A

Anonymous

I am in a similar position. Having seen the Pioneer LX508 as well as many of the other sets currently available, I simply can't bring myself to buy anything other than this amazing Pioneer. Because of this I may end up never buying a tv.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I have to agree that the Pioneer is the best - but I hope someone from the company is reading the angst they've caused Mr Hart by being so good....

If you haven't seared your eyes with its brilliance, then we've a Supertest of 50in sets - deliberately positioned below the Kuros, and with them out of the equation - in our February issue, out January 10th.

And re DVD recorders - the Sony is our recorder product of the year. Superb recording and playback quality.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info about the 50in supertest next month but i need a sneak preview if possible
emotion-2.gif
as i'm going to be buying a 46in or above one before the new year. Budget is around £1600, what would you recommend?

Will be mainly used for normal Sky, Sky Sports HD (football) and PS3 gaming.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jfh"]
Thanks for the info about the 50in supertest next month but i need a sneak preview if possible
emotion-2.gif
as i'm going to be buying a 46in or above one before the new year. Budget is around £1600, what would you recommend?

Will be mainly used for normal Sky, Sky Sports HD (football) and PS3 gaming.
[/quote]

No sneak previews allowed! But from our current issue's 46-47in test, we would recommend the excellent Samsung LE46F86, which is available for a frankly ludicrous £1509 from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE46F86-Widescreen-1080P-Freeview/dp/B000VBJG8A

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts