Pioneer Kuro

jarra

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pioneer Kuro 5080 and after 3 years Im still happy with it. However is their anything now on the market say 50" or 60" which matches or excels the Pioneer.

I'm yet to be impressed by any TV as compared to the Kuro 9th generation (1 generation after yours). There are some very nice TVs though, like the Panasonic V20/VT20, Sony HX903, LG PX990 & Samsung 8 series. Check them out to see if you find them better.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
jarra:I have a Pioneer Kuro 5080 and after 3 years Im still happy with it. However is their anything now on the market say 50" or 60" which matches or excels the Pioneer.

If you watch a lot of Blu-rays/HD TV, you can buy TVs - including those quoted by BB above - that will deliver noticeably more detail than the Kuros.

But we've yet to see a flatscreen surpass the 9th generation Kuros for black levels, and both your and ninth gen Pioneers were always fantastic for motion.

Also, if you watch a lot of SD material, the Kuro has excellent upscaling (it was great in 8th gen; even better ninth gen) that many modern flatscreens would struggle to match.

But if you're happy with your set, and not missing features such as HD tuners, internet connectivity or 3D, why not spend your cash elsewhere? (Or start saving for a next-gen set to buy in the next year or so)

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
jarra:I have a Pioneer Kuro 5080 and after 3 years Im still happy with it. However is their anything now on the market say 50" or 60" which matches or excels the Pioneer.

If you watch a lot of Blu-rays/HD TV, you can buy TVs - including those quoted by BB above - that will deliver noticeably more detail than the Kuros.

But we've yet to see a flatscreen surpass the 9th generation Kuros for black levels, and both your and ninth gen Pioneers were always fantastic for motion.

Also, if you watch a lot of SD material, the Kuro has excellent upscaling (it was great in 8th gen; even better ninth gen) that many modern flatscreens would struggle to match.

But if you're happy with your set, and not missing features such as HD tuners, internet connectivity or 3D, why not spend your cash elsewhere? (Or start saving for a next-gen set to buy in the next year or so)

God It makes me feel smug when I read things like this
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts