Pioneer KRP-500A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm just gonna throw this one out to see what advice i can gain before i buy..

Originally i was going to buy the pioneer Krp 500a and just get the speakers that would buy me sometime, before getting the rest of my system :) But i'm just wondering if it would make more sense to get the 500m and use the money saved to buy a amp.. if i went for a pioneer amp, would this take the place of the media box.. or will i have to start running loads of leads up to the  monitor. instead of the one wire system that comes with the media box

i was thinking maybe the pioneer sc-kx71 or 81 amp, but Would some b & w mt-30 or Kef 2005.3 be wasted on these amps? i like these speakers but i'd prefer some kef kht 5005.2 as i think a longer speaker either side of the screen would look better balanced :)

Regards

Chip 

A

Anonymous

Well you've probably noticed i like style as well as quality

ÿi just want something thats gonna blow you away everytime you watch a film..ÿsomething thats gonna impress :)

ÿThe plasma will be sitting on a feature board 2400 x 1300. my plans where to find speakers that would match the tv in size with maybe theÿÿmt-30 performance :)

A

Anonymous

Hi Chip

I am no expert but was told today by a Pio dealer that, provided you have Sky+ HD or another HD box, you dont need the A version. He did say that he thought it was still better to buy the A as the price diff is now only £2195 v £2095 and you cant separately buy the media box if you need it later. He also said the M monitor was the same as the A monitor but that you may get a slightly better picture from the M which is a "pure monitor" (which didnt really make any sense to me).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
He also said the M monitor was the same as the A monitor but that you may get a slightly better picture from the M which is a "pure monitor" (which didnt really make any sense to me).What he means is that much of the workings have been taken out of the M version and placed in the seperate media box for the A version. Because these electronics are seperated away from the panel, you're likely to get better quality this way.

.. if i went for a pioneer amp, would this take the place of the media box.. or will i have to start running loads of leads up to the monitor. instead of the one wire system that comes with the media boxThe AV amp will accept connections from all source components and convert to HDMI, so you will be able to run a single HDMI to your screen.

The speaker packages you mention do get better with better amplification,so they wouldn't be wasted. And yes, the 5005 will look much better than smaller, rounder looking speakers when situated next to a plasma.

A

Anonymous

hi mate

i have the 500m, i bought the M because i have a pioneer vxs lx60 amp. this has 3 hdmi inputs which is enough for me, so sky hd, blue ray etc goes into the amp and links to the 500m with 1 hdmi cable. it works like a dream mate ! also when you switch from sky hd to blue ray you can set the tv up with different picture settings, it will remember these settings each time you switch which is really handy. (so basically you can have individual picture settings for sky hd, blue ray and a dvd player if you wish) i have the kef 3005se speakers which sound awesme with film and music (i have just bought a sacd player and i am blown away with the quality of sound) i believe the 5005's sound just as good so go for it you wont be dissapointed ! hope this helps

andy

A

Anonymous

Hi,ÿ

I bought a set of 5005.2s about a week ago to replace my original 5005s. The silver ones are currently on special offer at Superfi for under £800. They look great wall mounted next to my Pioneer TV. The new ones aren't properly run in yet so my comments are really based on the original version. You need a decent amp to get the best from them. I'm currently running them off a Denon AVR-2807. Before that I had a Denon AVR-1906. The difference in sound quality after upgrading the amp was jaw dropping, I could hear so much more detail from the satellites. My one complaint with the original 5005 system was the included PSW 2500 sub. It played low and loud but always seemed a bit out of control, even after I spent hours crawling around my living room floor looking for the best position. It was completely outclassed by the satellites. I actually wound up swapping my PSW 2500 for a Velodyne SPL-800i. I auditioned the Velodyne alongside the HTB2, which is the sub included in the 5005.2 package. The HTB2 is much better. Personally I still prefer the Velodyne.

A mate of mine has an LX81 and it's brilliant. I'm sure it would make a good match for the 5005s. Regarding the TV, if like me you don't need a TV with a built-in tuner (I don't even have a TV aerial these days, just a Sky dish), go with the 500M. You can still run a single HDMI (or DVI for that matter) cable from your amp to the panel and have the amp switch inputs. Plus you get a more direct route between source and display (one less box in the chain), which can only be a good thing.

I hope this helps.ÿ

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I cant comment on the cheaper one, but my dad has the 500A connected with solid silver mains cable through an isotek mira and the picture quality is JAW DROPPING!

TRENDING THREADS