Pioneer Dvlx50 anygood?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Looking for a multi- region dvd player for £200-300 and seen a Pioneer Dvlx50 for £269 at Superfli is this any good and how does it compare to the ps3 playback. Or is it worth waiting for the new blu ray players from the likes of Pioneer and denon and making them region free. Any help please

A

Anonymous

its very good but spending that sort of money on a dvd player seems silly you'll pay about 500-600 for a good blu ray but at least it wont be waisted money

A

Anonymous

The Pioneer is a superb dvd player, but I agree with jusbiglee - with the very competitive pricing of the latest blu-ray players, it may be worth getting this instead.

A

Anonymous

why not Oppo 980H from opposhop.com at approx 198 euros ? multi-region out of the box.

Messiah

I think it depends on what you plan to do format wide. If, like me, you decide to take advantage of the price of DVD now and don't consider Blu-Ray worth the extra expense for both players and discs then get the Pionner. I did and it is excellent. However, like the others have said, if you are gonna get Blu-Ray then it seems a waste.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Many people have large DVD collections that they won't replace all of with BD. Getting the best from these discs is a good idea with so many people getting bigger and better screens nowadays. Put a cheap DVD player through a high quality screen and things aren't going to look too clever. This is a bargain for good quality DVD player, so much so I'm thinking of picking one up myself as long as it improves on my still working DV737.

A

Anonymous

Yes, it really is a fantastic dvd player. I've got a large collection of dvd's too which I'm unlikely to discard anytime soon.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think there is some romantisicing going on with some DVD players though. Fair enough the ones which can upscale or feeding a decent old DVD player into a TV or amp which can upscale brilliantly, but all I know is, I sold my old Denon DVD-A1 (worth £2,500) once I got my new HDTV because the PS3 gave a better picture. Now I know now that the TV I have has a pretty s**t internal upscaler, hence the reason why the PS3 looked better and I'm sure if I was now plugging my old Denon into my new Onkyo 905, it would be better than the PS3, but I'm unconvinced it would be so much better to convince me to spend that amount of money for a new DVD player...
IMO, if you're buying a new player under £1,000, you'd be silly not to get a Blu-Ray player. Decent ones will upscale DVDs as well as you could need and you can take advantage of a whole new league of sound and vision in Blu-Ray films.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts