Pioneer BDP51FD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had my pioneer for about 4 months now. Recently it has started making a sort of vibrating noise when I switch it on and increasingly during playback also. I noticed it about a month ago on a Blu Ray disc but I moved the player around a bit and it stopped. However in the last week or so the vibrating noise has come back and moving the player is becoming less effective at quieting it down. It's getting quite annoying as it is audible during use, particularly during quiet moments.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on the solution? I'm sure any solution will probably involve taking it to be repaired, no doubt leaving me without a player for a while.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

On a different note, is it normal for the background to become blurred and slightly out of focus as the camera moves, I'm not sure if this is something new or not, but I expect I would have noticed it before. I've found this on a few dvds. It's not awful motion blur or anything, but when the camera shifts on a shot, the background becomes a bit blurry.

Thanks

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I've had my BDP51FD for about the same time, and it does seem likely yours has developed a fault.
emotion-6.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by the background blurring - if the focus in a scene changes, say from something in the middle distance to somebody close to the camera, then the background would usually go out of focus. If you mean the background blurs as the camera moves, then that may happen if it's focused on something near(er) to the camera. I doubt if a faulty player could cause this sort of thing, more likely (if it's not how it was filmed) to be the TV (which may need some of the settings tweaking).

Hope this helps ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts