Pioneer BDP-LX71

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone have this blu ray player and have they ever experienced this player that did not play a blu ray dvd.

Im not worried about BD live or start time just picture quality.

I have had different blu ray players over the years and sometimes the odd blu ray disc does not play normally due to firmware update not done.

Has anyone had any issues that it did not play the blu ray even with updating it.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi I have had it for a nearly a couple of years or so i think now and and i have not had any issues with any blu rays i have done only done one firmware update in that time and i am very happy, my dad brought one about 6 months ago and has never done a firmware update and he is perfectly happy with it too.

Have you seen one for a good price?

A

Anonymous

Hi

I dont own the LX71 but i do own the LX52 and good question about blu ray playback problems. Ive had my LX52 about a year i think and have had no problems with blu ray movie playback until last month. I have updated the machines firmware every time there has been a new one but there's one film in my entire collection of over 400 blu rays that will not play properly and that is the film called "12 Rounds", the LX52 has no problems loading the disc up and playing it but the picture on the movie is constantly breaking up from the 1st second it starts to play, it looks like the break up that people see when they have a bad signal on Freeview. Have phoned Pioneer UK and told them about the problem and the movie causing it, they say they will send the info back to Pioneer Japan to sort out a firmware update and Pioneer UK will ring me to let me know when it has been sorted. Nearly a month now and i have heard nothing but noticed a new firmware update a few days ago, have updated the machine and the film still has problems :(

I have a PS3 and the film plays fine on that but the Pioneer is integrated into my cinema setup so ill have to wait til Pioneer sort it out, if ever? The bad bit of news is that this film has been out in America since last october i think and people who own Pioneer blu ray players had the same playback problems and over 4 months later, i have the same problem, so it looks like Pioneer have not sorted it out before the film came out over here :(

Might have to use the PS3 by the looks of things.

M

A

Anonymous

yes seen an ex display one in mint condition with a 1yr warranty for £265.00

i may take the following blu rays with me to test to make sure they work

as they are the latest ones and if they work then its a bit of peace of mind.

by the way what is the average start up time is it less than 2 min or more in your opinion.

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

Thanks panasonic store for the information i am suprised your experiencing this issue you think pioneer would sort it out as this is a pretty new model in there blu ray player range. I wanted this player but a bit out of my price range (had a BIG gas bill) so cant afford it now :-(

A

Anonymous

Oh, i received my copy of Avatar on blu ray and just to let you know, it played perfectly on my LX52 (probably to do with the recent firmware update) and also my copy of 2012 played perfectly too (on old firmware, worked fine).

M

A

Anonymous

Bips:Thanks panasonic store for the information i am suprised your experiencing this issue you think pioneer would sort it out as this is a pretty new model in there blu ray player range. I wanted this player but a bit out of my price range (had a BIG gas bill) so cant afford it now :-(

Im gonna give Pioneer a chance to sort it out specially i phoned them to tell them (as it states on their website to do so when a movie does not play) but im a bit miffed that people in USA had the same problem and that was over 4 months ago?! I just hope they sort it out as they are a big company and also that im kinda desperate to watch my film too, lol.

Fingers crossed!

M

A

Anonymous

well all the best and i hope you get it all sorted soon

now i just cant decide what to do go for the BDP LX71 or the BDP320

the price for the 320 is £199 and the LX71 is £265

if looks was the deciding factor then the LX71 would win always as its a gorgeous player.

gar1975

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
i had to update my lx-71 on friday when i tried to play avatar.... got a message come up saying player needed updating to play the disc. all fine after the update though :) not come across a disc that hasn't played so far....

A

Anonymous

I have had the pioneer bdp-lx70a for a couple of years now and i have no intention on changing it, the sound and pictures are sublime, im not interested in bd-live or profiles just good old fashioned pq and sq, for the money i would go for the lx71 it sounds like a good deal. its not a bad cd spinner either
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I had problems playing the Avatar bluray on my Pioneer LX71 on Saturday. It loaded OK and played initially for about 20 mins when a red screen message appeared saying my bluray player needed a firmware upgrade. I re-loaded the disc but it would then not play at all. An hour of Sunday was spent downloading the latest upgrade (v165) from the Pioneer website then unzipping and burning the program to a CD to upgrade the Pioneer. It then played perfectly.

As for Avatar, the picture on my Panasonic plasma was stunning but the plot is simplistic and weak to say the least.

This is the first time I have had a problem playing a bluray disc in the 18 months since I have had the LX71. It would seem best to upgrade the firmware first before trying Avatar therefore.

The only thing that concerns me a bit is, that the LX71 is an ex-demo player. Not really sure in which condition has it been kept (dusty environment etc.) and how many times has it been played. Although you are getting a 1year warranty, I personally will prefer a brand new Pioneer 320 player.

A

Anonymous

Looks like many Blu-Ray player owners, not just Pioneer ones, are experiencing the same thing with updated 20th C Fox DRM on the disc. Have just updated my 51FD with success, not without slight trepidation after reading the instruction's disclaimers, through! Can't help but feel that I shouldn't really have to update this type of mainstream product however. PS3? Fine. PC? Fine. 'Standardised' format disc player. Not so cool... Kudos to Pioneer for getting a quick fix out though.

A

Anonymous

Well just to let you know big boss i got the Pioneer BDP 320 for £199 with a free 2 yr warranty from sevenoaks in nottingham and its superb with regards to the start up time its pretty quick just updated to the latest software as avatar was not working but now all fine and very happy indeed.

Thanks to everyone for your advise and comments

D

Deleted member 2457

Well i caved in today as well bigboss got avatar on blu ray and would you adam and eve it, it don't work so i am going to have to do my first update in about a year - flipping marvelous hate doing them now i have to remember how do it last time i forgot, at least i have the dvd to watch in the mean time hardly the same know, i did enjoy watching alot even though it was in a theatre.

Anyone down a firmware update for Avatar with my blu ray player?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have had nightmare trying to get Avatar to play on my LX-71. Have reset factory settings twice, and installed the latest firmware upgrade (1.65) each time. It plays ok up to about Ch14, then freezes. After a while it is possible to stop the playback and open it and start again, but it gets stuck just there and won't play chapters 15 or 16 after it. I haven't tried any later chapters because I want to see the movie !

Should I be reinstalling all firmware upgrades after resetting to factory settings ? I surely hope this is not how they do their firmware updates, but worth checking I suppose.

The players going back for a check. I have had it just over a year so I guess I will be having a fight about who pays for it. Warranty or not, for a player of this price and from Pioneer I expect longer than a year out of it. Anyway, I am not very pleased to say the least. Will let you know how Pioneer handle it (Singapore).

emotion-12.gif

gar1975

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
gel:
Well i caved in today as well bigboss got avatar on blu ray and would you adam and eve it, it don't work so i am going to have to do my first update in about a year - flipping marvelous hate doing them now i have to remember how do it last time i forgot, at least i have the dvd to watch in the mean time hardly the same know, i did enjoy watching alot even though it was in a theatre.

Anyone down a firmware update for Avatar with my blu ray player?

Thanks

i have the same player, updated for avatar when the disc was released, no problems with it at all since...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts