Pioneer Amp - Recommendation and Info Needed...

mh12

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Lost previous denon home cinema amp in a house fire recently - looking to get hold of an entry level amp for a replacement.

I'm looking at low to mid end amps - the one that's taken my fancy is the Pioneer VSX 923 - primarily I will use it to connect my iPhone Spofity account and Blu Ray player...

How does the connectivity work? Is it built in to the amp or do you need an internet connection from the amp to do this? The amp would be on a different floor to the wireless router and modem so its not easy to wire connect it.

I've also noticed Pioneer are launching the newer Series of VSX (notably the 924) - are there any notable differences?

Any info is greatly appreciated - as you can tell my know how of amps is rather minimal.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi mh12

I have the older vsx922 and it has to be hardwired to the router to be on the network , no wi-fi , a quick scan of the 923/4 have no wifi eithier that I can see.

If you can't route a cable maybe you can try home plugs like these :

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1397640.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:8710712342|tsid:41408|cid:177979742|lid:55247189102|nw:g|crid:38920539542|rnd:4388131458072044071|dvc:c|adp:1o1

They use your mains as a hardwire connection. Plug one into a mains socket and the router , the other into a mains socket near the amp , two patch cords and you're away.

Maybe re ask this question in the HT section , other amps may do wifi

James

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there how are?

If you want to play Spotify through this AVR you should just be able to connect the Bluetooth adaptor that comes with it to the back of the amp and play Spotify from your phone via bluetooth.

I do that with my VSX LX73 and it's great. As long as you get good Wi-Fi on your phone you shouldn;t have any problem with the amp being in a different room.

You can also play soundcloud and even the sound from games the same way. Basically any sound from your phone can go through the bluetooth. So if you have an iPad, register it with the amps bluetooth, play your game on the iPad and have the sound come through the amp.

Some games sound rubbish but angry birds sounds amazing.

If you get the amp let us know how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts