PIONEER A-A6 or NAD C325BEE ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi:
I am now looking for an amp. After intensive online study and serious consideration I narrowed my choice down to Nad C325BEE and PIONEER A-A6. The £199 NAD C325BEE is a direct upgrade of the Award-Winning C320BEE The £350 Pinoeer A-A6 is tuned by the famous AIR STUDIO. Engineers have put this amplifier through rigorous tuning, determined to deliver audio output that is as pure and precise to the original as possible. I first knew the studio was by watching the HANNIBAL dvd several years ago. Great movie. Great Ridley Scott. Great Anthony Hopkins, Great AIR studio. But when I read the specifications of both amps.To be honest I lost my confidence in PIONEER A-A6. I can’t believe there is only 15W power output difference between 4 ? and 8 ?. Which means the machine power drive is not good. Main Features A-A6-J [/b]AB Class Power Stage Yes
Continuous Power output 20 — 20,000 Hz, 4 ? 60 W + 60 W
Continuous Power output 20 — 20,000 Hz, 8 ? 45 W + 45 W Power Consumption (In Use / Standby) 170 W / 0.6 W Weight 10 kg Then we take look at the NAD C325BEE.[/b] Much better:Continuous average power output into 8ohms 50W (17dBW) Rated distortion (THD 20Hz-20kHz) 0.02% Clipping power (max cont. power/channel) 68W (18dBW) I am now stuck in a dilemma: I can't have an audition of these two amps in the city where I am located. these amps are only available on some online-store, so no comparison can be made between them. I absolutely have no idea which one is better in terms of clear sound ,details and power drive. I am really getting desperate. could you help me out on this matter? many thanks !

A

Anonymous

almost forgot. here is mine speaker AURUM CANTUS "leisure 2" bookshelf

157b8dd2-b46d-461c-afb3-3fea72794f70.jpg
http://image.24files.com/show.php?img=4469_U2.jpg.html

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You have indeed a dilemma as I would never suggest to buy without listening first.

With regards to power, dont get to hung up about it. Dynamic power or headroom is a substitute for a compromised power supply. Stable power supplies usually dont have/need a lot of dynamic headroom.

You'd be amazed how many 'high powered' amplifiers dont sound much louder than a lower powered one. For example, try a good low powered 25W valve amp and compare with a 100 solid state one. You'll most probably find the valve amp to be more powerful/dynamic until you reach a certain level (very loud!) where the SS amplifier will go louder still. How loud do you normally listen to music?

Looking at your speakers, which I dont know personally, I'd say you're a guy that likes his music. If not you would have bought one of the current boom and fizz boxes from B&W etc which go 'loud'.

The first view watts count more than the 100 thereafter.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
To be a bit more helpful I would suggest you save a few more pennies and listen to myryads Z140i or wait til Mr. Duncan pops in and suggests Creeks Evo. They are about £500 each retail but you should get either for £400 plus/minus a few pounds depending where you buy from. Both are vastly better than the NAD. The Evo is more powerful but a bit solid state and 'grainy', the Z140 more refined and musical. I have'nt heard the Pioneer.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
You have indeed a dilemma as I would never suggest to buy without listening first.

With regards to power, dont get to hung up about it. Dynamic power or headroom is a substitute for a compromised power supply. Stable power supplies usually dont have/need a lot of dynamic headroom.

You'd be amazed how many 'high powered' amplifiers dont sound much louder than a lower powered one. For example, try a good low powered 25W valve amp and compare with a 100 solid state one. You'll most probably find the valve amp to be more powerful/dynamic until you reach a certain level (very loud!) where the SS amplifier will go louder still. How loud do you normally listen to music?

Looking at your speakers, which I dont know personally, I'd say you're a guy that likes his music. If not you would have bought one of the current boom and fizz boxes from B&W etc which go 'loud'.

The first view watts count more than the 100 thereafter.

[/quote]

thank you drummerman for you kind attention.

what I mean is: I may not have a chance listen to the NAD and PIONEER amps.

there are many professionals and experts on this forum who may have experience of these 2

amps. I thought they may give me answers regarding details. sound stage. dynamics,

espcially the upper frequencies

then i can decide which one to choose.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The Pioneer is a good amp but partner with care as it is a forward sounding electronic. I haven't a clue what are your speakers sound like but they look very nice indeed.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i have heard your speakers and the ribbon tweeter is a joy to behold but they really deserve to auditioned with an amp and one thats better than the two mentioned but if pushed i would go for the pioneer,it's a nice amp.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
To be a bit more helpful I would suggest you save a few more pennies and listen to myryads Z140i or wait til Mr. Duncan pops in and suggests Creeks Evo. They are about £500 each retail but you should get either for £400 plus/minus a few pounds depending where you buy from. Both are vastly better than the NAD. The Evo is more powerful but a bit solid state and 'grainy', the Z140 more refined and musical. I have'nt heard the Pioneer.

[/quote]

thanks again Drummerman for your advice,they are very useful.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gregory"]i have heard your speakers and the ribbon tweeter is a joy to behold but they really deserve to auditioned with an amp and one thats better than the two mentioned but if pushed i would go for the pioneer,it's a nice amp.[/quote]

Exactly. just as you said: "the ribbon tweeter is a joy to behold" . thank you for your advice.

A

Anonymous

every piece of advice is appreciated and valued. They means so much to me. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts