pioneer 5090 or 500a

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi kool dudes,

Is there ne difference btween Pioneers LX5090 and the KRP500A ive heard its exactly the same G9 Panel but the internal circuitry on the 500A has been upgraded who knows its all guess work does anybody actually the truth regarding these panels. Please Help as im so close to buying 1 but i don't know which 1 to go for.

Many Thanks

David

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
there is a difference between the 2 models , the krp is a reference panel hence krp meaning kuro reference panel (hand selected i belive)

its also 3cm slimmer due to the tv gubins being in a seperate box , and when testing both side by side the krp had a more focused image ,it also has pure mode which switches off all the extra processing and gives a direct feed from blu-ray to tv .

but there is a price difference between the two, so try to get a demo of both (if there are any left), and see if you think its worth the extra £.

if both tv's were isf calibrated i think the difference would be small ?

which ever one you buy you will be extremely happy with .

AndrewH13

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Davy,

If you do a google search, there is a good review by Phil Hinton. I bought the 500A and it is fantastic. The Pure mode makes settings so easy with everything off and a natural picture.

Also the 500A has PC streaming and Euro satellite. I was impressed by the PC playback of music and have now switched to Sonos to take things further, but its a good bonus having it inbuilt with the TV as a starter.

TRENDING THREADS