Pioneer 4280xd & SKY HD Scrolling Text

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. Wonder if anyone confirm that they have seen the following occurrence with Sky HD with there Pioneer or other TV. I have the HD box set to 1080i and connected to my 428 through QED HDMI cable and when scrolling text is displayed it intermittently distorts. I've read that is something to do with the HD box and not the TV itself. Any got any advice if there is anyway around this in the TV or / HD Box settings?

Thanks, Macca

ps. TV is fantastic. Thanks Claire for the recommendation.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Apologies for hijacking your thread Macca (I'm not answering you question!) but why did you choose the 4280XD as opposed to the 428XD? Price? The elusive 'stand' you get with it? The 428XD has a few extra twiddly bits on it I know (and no darn stand!), did this influence you?

As you can guess, I'm after one myself, but torn between £1300 and £1500...

A

Anonymous

To be honest I didn't really consider the 428xd. The 4280xd was at the top end of my budget at the time, I required the stand and I wouldn't have made use of the ISF calibration option or used the PIP functions. Heard that the remote is nicer, though I haven't seen it to confirm. Now if the 428xd had been full hd.............

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Maccca"]

when scrolling text is displayed it intermittently distorts.

[/quote]

What channel does this happen on? I have noticed it on Sky Sports News, but the text on Sky News seems fine.

A

Anonymous

Get it on both. Best example of it happening is channel 502 Bloomberg (not that i watch it!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts