Pio SC-LX82 switching on issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Pioneer sc-lx82 does not always switch on with the remote. I have to switch it on on the receiver itself, then everything works perfectly fine - including the remote. Anyone else with this problem ? The receiver does not display any error. Is it normal ? Does the receiver switches itself completely off after some time in stand-by ? It is annoying. The only problem I can think of after reading the manual is possible a build-up of static electricity ... I have no idea.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I read about a similar problem for the LX72 on a Danish forum.

I am not sure there has been an official confirmation on the problem or solution for that matter. One suggestion seems to work (on earlier Pioneer models at least). Try to remove the IR control cable between the receiver and Blu Ray player (if you got this connected).

A

Anonymous

philitalia:My Pioneer sc-lx82 does not always switch on with the remote. I have to switch it on on the receiver itself, then everything works perfectly fine - including the remote. Anyone else with this problem ? The receiver does not display any error. Is it normal ? Does the receiver switches itself completely off after some time in stand-by ? It is annoying. The only problem I can think of after reading the manual is possible a build-up of static electricity ... I have no idea.

Mine did this when I first got it, I rang Pioneer, and they said they'd never heard of this b/4
emotion-3.gif
Although it was mentioned on two other forums I frequent.

Anyway it hasn't happened for some time now, so I hope it was just a glitch. I'll take it into Pio's local repair centre if it does.

IMO just give it some time and see if you get the same result. Do let us know how it goes.

A

Anonymous

When I sent an e-mail to Pioneer their technician replied with a "I do not know what could cause the problem", so I called Pioneer customer service in a different country.

They suggested to keep the Kuro-link switched on - even though my TV does not support Kuro.

It seems to have done the trick. For the last 3 days the problem has not occured. It seems strange to me that switching the Kuro-link off causes this problem, but now all is working well.

Otherwise a fantastic receiver ... very very happy with it.

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you replaced the batteries in the remote? Secondly I would take it in for service as this seems like it could be another problem.

A

Anonymous

Update :

Keeping the KURO link (for HDMI out) in the menu switched "on" seems to work. It's been 5 days or so since I changed the setting and the receiver has not refused switching on again.

As for the receiver ... still in extacy about the sound quality it produces.

I've been discovering sounds and instruments in films and on cd's that I've never heard before (and my previous receiver was quite a decent Yamaha).

It was WHathifi's review that made me decide to go for this one and I do not regret it at all.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad you solved the problem philitalia
emotion-1.gif

You found the same solution as they eventually reached on the Danish forum also.

A

Anonymous

Ok. My grand-dad is 82 years old and has no legs - he is diasabled from the war. All he does is sit on the sofa and watch movies, one after another.

He has the latest Kuro TV, SCLX-82 amp and LX-91 blu-ray player. Coz he cannot walk, everything he does is with the remote - no problem so far. Works always.

Ok, you ask how is he going to change the dvd? Very simple - his dog does that for him. His dog can only do this.

So, his remote must work or he might kill himself.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Garland Genoho:My grand-dad is 82 years old and has no legs - he is diasabled from the war.

Given that your grandfather was only 17 when the war ended, I find that a tad hard to believe...

A

Anonymous

It is true - he is a war veteran. He told me he is 82, so i believe him, but he is a bit senile - so I cannot verify.

He is a movie fanatic. Now my grandmom is no more, his life is movies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts