picture settings on the sony kdl40w2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
iv just bought the above lcd and want to get the best possible picture from it any tips on backlight contrast sharpness etc etc since its your product of the year you must no how to get this set looking its best

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
The best thing to do - as we ourselves do - is to use the THX Optimizer settings found on THX-certified DVD discs. This option tends to be tucked away as a THX logo within the language settings menu screen. It provides easy to follow, step-by-step screens for adjusting your TV's video settings. It's a great guide and starting point, but don't be afraid to adjust to your own eye as well if you feel the need.

The THX Optimizer can be found on all the Star Wars discs, Monsters Inc., Treasure Planet and many more. In fact, here's a list of all the discs on which it can be found...

THX DVD List

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Or if you want to get really serious, we also use the Spyder TV calibrator from ColorVision.

It costs a bit over £100, but lets you calibrate your TV highly accurately, and also check it periodically for any drift in settings. If you're spending big money on a TV, it's definitely worthwhile investing in one.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the help guys i think the spider tv calibrator is what im looking for. many thanks

A

Anonymous

I have had my Sony kdl-32s2530 for a few weeks now, I have watched The Illusionist on dvd, from my dvp-ns900v via component. I triedt o get the best I could off the THX optimiser on The Incredibles, though I dont have a pair of THX blue tint glasses (perhaps a free gift to be included in next months mag?) Well, back toTthe Illusionist DVD. In the dark scenes where their faces are half lit, my tv had trouble matching the movement of the shadowed side of their faces with the lit side. I noticed that my LCD has an awful lot of automatic picture quality enhancements; live colour, contrast ehancer, clear white, etc, etc. Do I turn off all these settings? there are so many adjustments that can be made I could be sitting in front of my telly for weeks before reaching the best picture quality I can get without motion smearing as detailed above.

Does anyone know what to do?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts