Picking up my Yamaha A-S2100 today

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
As title says picking up my amplifier up today well happy but asked what the fault was and he said the headphone amplifier part of the amplifier was cursing the amplifier to go into protection mode so it was an unusual fault .

Samd

Blacksabbath25 said:
As title says picking up my amplifier up today well happy but asked what the fault was and he said the headphone amplifier part of the amplifier was cursing the amplifier to go into protection mode so it was an unusual fault .

Such foul language from the heaphones must be unusual!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes your right a long time ago I put headphones in and the amplifier went into protection mode but haven’t used headphones since so there must of been a problem With that part of the amplifier .

but that’s what the engineer said that the headphone section had developed a fault and that was causing the amplifier to go into protection mode but i do not no what’s been changed all I no is it’s fixed and I am listening to Ozzy and it sounds great .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It sounds a lot different from a Av amplifier they’re not that great at music I wouldn’t recommend Av for music and my Av cost £1200 to buy so you would of thought it would good but you do not get the big soundstage , boldness , grunt , clearness like you do with the Yamaha A-S2100 .

i brought black Sabbath live the End double cd yesterday and it sounds pretty good on my A-S2100

Samd

Blacksabbath25 said:
It sounds a lot different from a Av amplifier they’re not that great at music I wouldn’t recommend Av for music and my Av cost £1200 to buy so you would of thought it would good but you do not get the big soundstage , boldness , grunt , clearness like you do with the Yamaha A-S2100 .

i brought black Sabbath live the End double cd yesterday and it sounds pretty good on my A-S2100

Generally agreed but just need to drift a bit (!) cos that is why I went for my Anthem - just 5.1 with no frills, bells or whistles, no DTS X or whatever and still costing around £1650. Love it for music!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That’s what they say that he can’t sing I personally feel he can but as he has got older he has started to slur his words a lot more not because of drink and drugs now but what he used to do that to him self it’s the rock & roll lifestyle

i believe Ozzy is actually quite a clever man as he has been singing for nearly 50 years and made lots of albums with black Sabbath and his own solo career and made a lot of money over the years and how he is still alive it’s amazing so credit him .

I was actually watching a documentary on YouTube and they interviewed Ronie Dio and he said the same that Ozzy wasn’t a very good singer but Ozzy has been more successful with his solo career then with black Sabbath and what made me laugh as Dio said when he first started singing for black Sabbath the fans used to put the finger up in protest at every concert so Ozzy was black Sabbath end off really .

Blacksabbath25 said:
That’s what they say that he can’t sing I personally feel he can but as he has got older he has started to slur his words a lot more not because of drink and drugs now but what he used to do that to him self it’s the rock & roll lifestyle

i believe Ozzy is actually quite a clever man as he has been singing for nearly 50 years and made lots of albums with black Sabbath and his own solo career and made a lot of money over the years and how he is still alive it’s amazing so credit him .

I was actually watching a documentary on YouTube and they interviewed Ronie Dio and he said the same that Ozzy wasn’t a very good singer but Ozzy has been more successful with his solo career then with black Sabbath and what made me laugh as Dio said when he first started singing for black Sabbath the fans used to put the finger up in protest at every concert so Ozzy was black Sabbath end off really .

Interesting as I thought both actually shouted rather than sang, saying that I also believe Robert Plants voice has improved with age but then my hearing is obviously deteriorating with age..... ;-)

insider9

There's been many successful bands with members who couldn't sing/play their instruments. Saying Ozzy can't sing is way over the top but sure there's been many better than him. Loads more worse though. And as a front man he's been inspirational for many.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
True

Led zeppelin could actually get back together again if they wanted to as John bonham son played drums for led zeppelin and the main reason led zeppelin split up years ago was they thought no one could play drums like John and it didn’t feel right to carry on .

but what a wast of a band I bet if they made a album together again it would be number 1 and sold out concerts

but at least we still got the albums they did make and I play them regularly too

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve been a life long fan of Ozzy Osborne and when he was in the black Sabbath band too but I didn’t like Ronie Dio but Ozzy did get dumped by his black Sabbath band mates for being out of control and taking to meany drugs but back then the hole band was taking drugs so it was a bit unfair really but the other band members of black Sabbath did the same to Ronie Dio too so he obviously wasn’t perfect .

But Ozzy went on to be more successful on his own by doing a solo career and Randy Roads was very talented guitar player and both Ozzy and Randy wrote the first 2 albums together .

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
True

Led zeppelin could actually get back together again if they wanted to as John bonham son played drums for led zeppelin and the main reason led zeppelin split up years ago was they thought no one could play drums like John and it didn’t feel right to carry on .

but what a wast of a band I bet if they made a album together again it would be number 1 and sold out concerts

but at least we still got the albums they did make and I play them regularly too

Queen (without john deacon, not shure what he is doing musically today) and the who, deep purple,metallica (young band compared to the other bands) and rolling stones is still playing, guess they wanna play until they die or become deaf,what ever comes first, sadly pink floyd doesn't.

Of all those mentions i do without any doubt prefer Queen and Pink floyd (live in japan with deep puprle and the concert from copenhagen in denmark (is on youtube), are f....... good)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Samd said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
It sounds a lot different from a Av amplifier they’re not that great at music I wouldn’t recommend Av for music and my Av cost £1200 to buy so you would of thought it would good but you do not get the big soundstage , boldness  , grunt  , clearness like you do with the Yamaha A-S2100  .

Generally agreed but just need to drift a bit (!) cos that is why I went for my Anthem - just 5.1 with no frills, bells or whistles, no DTS X or whatever and still costing around £1650.  Love it for music!

In my living room with not much room to breath, the PMC's with the parasound were a disaster.

Step in the marantz sr6011 with the Qacoustics concept 40's + sub and audessey room correction. And it is bliss again.

So I would like to think that in a less than optimal room , avr with room correction and a sub would be the way to go. When there is room enough then a dedicated stereo setup will be better .

Congratulations on getting back your amp Black Sabbath. Must be a relief that it was just the headphone section and not the power components. Now you can keep pushing your opticon's without any worries :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I like Queen but with Freddy alive Queen and pink floyd are the same they split to early and I wished I’d seen them in concert but David Gilmore still does some great solo stuff and still uses some of the pink floyd stuff when he is in concert

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I do not understand why the headphone amplifier part of the Yamaha A-S2100 was faulty to be honest but that was causing the amplifier to go into protection mode .

but yes I am well happy now I really missed it as I have been using my Av for music the last 2 weeks which sounds ok but when you go back to a stereo amplifier again it’s a night and day difference in sound quality .

so after I got back from picking the amplifier up I’ve been playing music ever since

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I do not understand why the headphone amplifier part of the Yamaha A-S2100 was faulty to be honest but that was causing the amplifier to go into protection mode .

but yes I am well happy now I really missed it as I have been using my Av for music the last 2 weeks which sounds ok but when you go back to a stereo amplifier again it’s a night and day difference in sound quality .

so after I got back from picking the amplifier up I’ve been playing music ever since

To be honest with you - such things in this price range when they happen it's not really good...unless the fault was really yours regarding the input from your headphones...Anyway a bit surprised that 2100 range can make such a problem. (Anyway they are not made in Japan I think...) But great that it carries on with working.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts