Philips WACS7500/05 v Philips MCi500H?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to but a wireless music system and I have decided its between these 2 - I don't like the sonos one - but both have slight problems 1 with sound output and the other with one of its modes and I'm looking for some expert advice.

On the Philips WACS7500/05 it's said to have terrible sound out put but just how terrible, is it acceptable? Also its says that you can attached external speakers (is this true?) so would a decent set of speakers help the sound or wouldn't they make any difference??

On the Philips MCi500H it says that when in Music Broadcast mode you can't skip a track back or forward and just have to wait on the song finishing, is this a problem that can be fixed? Also it says it can only rip music in 320kbps mp3 formatwhich isn't great but I can handle but can it 'rea' other formats or just mp3? These 2 are the ones I'd really like to know as imo it's the best one of the 2 products with good sound, bigger hdd and the fact you can also add stations to it (unless you guys tell me different) but if I can't skip tracks then the machine is no good to me (or anyone imo!!).

Thanks in advance for any help

Best Wishes

spenny

A

Anonymous

Sorry I can't help you on the Philips.

Like you I am looking at getting a wireless system. However, I was favouring the Sonos. Out of interest what have you got against it?

A

Anonymous

Alright mate,

Thanks for your reply. I've nothing against it technically or that. It sounds like it is a good piece of kit maybe even the best, according to the review, but I don't like the look of it or the size. It looks plasticy and cheap (I mean just look at it - http://www.absolutesonos.co.uk/description.php?prodid=85&cat=5 - ) to me and I don't like the controller either. Plus I have to fork out for an amp and speakers as it doesn't come with any so quite costly!

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm looking to buy this for Xmas so any tips/opinions would be grand.

Thanks again pal, enjoy your system whichever 1 you decided to go for.

Cheers

spenny

John Duncan

Tell us what you want to achieve - do you want to access tracks on your PC wirelessly and hear them in another room? There are lots of options for doing this, from the cheap to the very expensive.

For example, if you stored all your music to a PC (rather than a built in hard disk on a stereo), a Squeezebox Classic for 150 quid, a Rotel RA-04 for 250 and a pair of Tannoy Mercury F1s for £100 would cost the same as the Philips, and blow it into the weeds.......

A

Anonymous

Thanks for posting John.

I'm just looking for a hi-fi that I can store my music on and send wirelessly to another room, that's why the Philips is perfect for me, well perfect if I can work round the faults.

I'd rather buy the Philips MCi500H but if I can't fix the 'Music Broadcast' mode then it's of no use to me. Do you think this is a fixable fault or would I be best getting the WACS7500 and just buying better external speakers or would speakers not make any difference to the poor sound quality??

Cheers mate

Keith

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts