Philips 47PFL6900 worth waiting for the review?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Apparently out this month is the Philips 47PFL6900.

looks a beautiful set.......do the the What Hi-Fi team expect to review this set?

Anyone think its worth waiting for?

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Apparently out this month is the Philips 47PFL6900.

looks a beautiful set.......do the the What Hi-Fi team expect to review this set?

Anyone think its worth waiting for?

It has been years since I saw a good Philips TV, is there a reason you are looking at this one? My money would go on the fantastic Panasonic and Sony TVs.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Size, price and oh how good does it look!!! So if by chance it turned out to be any good, it could be the one......not sure it's due for review anywhere though.....

i would have bought the Sony by now if not for the plinth and tilt (still unsure if it has to be tilted?)......but still may be able to get the GT50 50' if I can't find a 46/47 I like the look of......maybe te Sony looks better when it's home?.....

so, hence the interest in the Philips......

frodo1

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Don't wait because picture quality is better than on any similar (and more expensive) priced Panasonic or Sony set. The colours and sharpness are superb! Passive 3D is also very very easy to watch. And of course the Ambilight is great! Only bad thing is Home Menu navigation, which is a little slow, but you don't need the menu settings very often, right?

frodo1

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Don't wait because picture quality is better than on any similar (and more expensive) priced Panasonic or Sony set. The colours and sharpness are superb! Passive 3D is also very very easy to watch. And of course the Ambilight is great! Only bad thing is Home Menu navigation, which is a little slow, but you don't need the menu settings very often, right?

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Size, price and oh how good does it look!!! So if by chance it turned out to be any good, it could be the one......not sure it's due for review anywhere though.....

i would have bought the Sony by now if not for the plinth and tilt (still unsure if it has to be tilted?)......but still may be able to get the GT50 50' if I can't find a 46/47 I like the look of......maybe te Sony looks better when it's home?.....

so, hence the interest in the Philips......

Just been looking at the design and it does look quite good! Do you know how much it costs? Trusted Reviews are due to review it soon. I am not a fan of the tilt on the Sony either! I think the GT is stunning! I would buy another one if I had the money! The blacks are black, the screen is bright like a LCD! Sound is great. Design is really good too! Price is quite reasonable at £1100 at you get glasses! The Sony you do get quite a few extras thrown in too. I presume they are the Xmas extras they thrown in? If not could be worth waiting for the cash back Xmas thing they do.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
£1,300.

Just soooooo frustrating Sony don't do the 853 in a more standard design.....can't help thinking they will drop it as I'm sure they would sell more sets with a more standard design.....

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
£1,300.

Just soooooo frustrating Sony don't do the 853 in a more standard design.....can't help thinking they will drop it as I'm sure they would sell more sets with a more standard design.....

Size I think can be important, the bigger the better. 50 inches at least in size! Yep, the 55 inches Sony is tempting and you can get in from John Lewis, although it is out of stock last time I looked. If that is the TV you fancy I would not worry too much about the tilt. The extras and size make it a very good deal!

TRENDING THREADS