PHILIPS 40PFL9704 or wait for 3D TV?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After much pondering & reading countless reviews, I've decided to buy the Philips 40pfl9704. However, with the not too distant onslaught of 3D TVs, I'm wondering if I should wait & buy one of these. Can anyone help put me straight?

A

Anonymous

hi i am in a similar position but have decided to wait until Philips launch there 3D TV's to see if they have the same quality but with the advantage of 3D

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Buy now - the best you can afford. There's very little 3D around at the moment so pretty pointless.

By the time you come round to buying your next TV, things may have changed.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Aside from the above advice which I agree with (Well not the philips, but buy now)

3D technology is new to the point that I personally believe it will be fraught will all sorts of 'digital processing' problems when it 1st comes out

AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I watched 4 minutes of Sky 3D the other day in the o2 arena in London, it was a compendium of shots from a boxing match, usain bolt running in london and something else (or maybe just the Sky splash screen). whilst i enjoyed the boxing (ricky hatton vs some geezer) i didnt particularly like the running....semed a bit pixellated to me. the boxing was spot on though, so i'm not sure if a diff camera was working. according to the guys, a 3DTV will cost marginally more than it's HD equivalent. They also pointed out that Sky launches it's 3D channel in April. the TV they used, was a very nice TV and it felt like i was watching it at the cinema. same effect. well translated into the living room!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts