Petition to save BBC3

Tonestar1

Now if they were killing bbc4 with it's excellent music programs on Fri and Sat nights I'd be first to sign but can't really think of anything I have watched on the beeb's third channel. I'm hoping some of the cash saved goes towards 6muisc.... Probably me being selfish though >) Awesome radio!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Tonestar1 said:
Now if they were killing bbc4 with it's excellent music programs on Fri and Sat nights I'd be first to sign but can't really think of anything I have watched on the beeb's third channel. I'm hoping some of the cash saved goes towards 6muisc.... Probably me being selfish though >) Awesome radio!

Agreed on BBC4, but I doubt 6music is going to see any of the money saved by the BBC3 switchoff, given that the sum saved is apparently just about the same as the BBC lost on its ill-fated digital media project.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Tonestar1 said:

Agreed on BBC4, but I doubt 6music is going to see any of the money saved by the BBC3 switchoff, given that the sum saved is apparently just about the same as the BBC lost on its ill-fated digital media project.

That's the sum that they "spent" on that project, but it would have been part of the budgetted spend, so "lost" isn't the correct word and this closure isn't to make up for the money spent on that, the two are entirely unrelated, it's to meet the ongoing reduction in BBC funding that the government forced through a few years back.

On the whole though, I agree, I've only ever watched three programs that came from BBC3, Little Britain, Gavin and Stacey and Being Human and I watched all of those on BBC2 (I know that isn't the point). That's not a particularly great hit ratio for the years the station has been open. I really don't see any requirement to "save" the likes of "Snog, Marry, Avoid", that's the kind of tosh that Channel 5 should be making, not the BBC, IMO.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, you're right: 'lost' isn't the correct word. 'Threw away to no visible effect', 'wasted' or 'EDITED away on an incompetently handled vanity project' are all probably more accurate.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You say that as if you're surprised by the result. Seems to me most people in their chosen field only acheive "barely competent" if they're lucky, actual skill, ability or talent is very rare. I certainly look around this office and wonder how most of the people I deal with actually managed to keep a job here and when you consider where I work, that's quite a worry...

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I'd have just suggested they all get a copy of Final Cut Pro (which I think is what they did).

Y'see? Why Didn't They Ask Duncan?

71DL%2BZ1FeZL._SL1360_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts