Personal view of the Ortofon 2M Series (Red, Blue, Bronze, Black)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm glad to finally be able to post both parts of my review of the Ortofon 2M series.

Due to my disability it has taken much longer than I had first hoped but I'm glad to say that now both parts of the review are complete and can be accessed from the links below.

Part 1 - The Red and Blue
http://www.theapplechap.com/TheAppleChap/Blog/Entries/2011/7/13_Upgrading_to_the_Ortofon_2M_Red_or_Blue.html

Part 2 - The Bronze and Black
http://www.theapplechap.com/TheAppleChap/Blog/Entries/2011/7/28_Upgrading_to_the_Ortofon_2M_Bronze_or_Black.html

I also tested using the Bronze and Black styluses on the Red or Blue body as some readers of my initial post expressed an interest. This is in the second article. There is also information on how I ran the tests in the first article so I would recommend reading both to get the full picture.

I'm grateful to Henley Designs for agreeing to lend me the necessary parts and let me review them and post the two articles to my blog. I have no professional relationship with Henley Designs and had a free hand to write the article. Therefore all errors and omissions are mine and mine alone.

I hope this is of interest and help to any turntable owner looking to either pick an excellent starting cartridge or upgrade from the budget cartridge that came with your deck. It will be clear from reading the article that I am not a professional writer but just a HiFi enthusiast looking to share my thoughts and experiences to help others.

Cheers

Alan

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alan

Thank you for that wonderfully written and detailed analysis of the 2M range. It must have been such a painstaking undertaking to review 4 cartridges, although you could have taken the easy way out and only changed bodies once and merely changed the stylus for the red/blue and bronze/black. What was also interesting is that you used what could be termed "budget" speakers and phono stage and still detect big changes in sound quality moving up the 2M range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts