Permission granted - should I go for it?

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I have enough John Lewis vouchers left over from our wedding to be able to buy the Q Acoustics TV2X with enough left over for her to be able to buy something nice. Last night she said if I wanted to I could get it as we would both benefit from it (I think she will be impressed and enjoy its benefits, but mainly it is my wish).

I believe the TV2X will meet all my hifi and home cinema needs until such a time as we own our own place and can think of something different (I'd love to self build, so in-walls are a definite possibility there!).

So, what do you all think?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Congratulations on the wedding.

I can't find a full list of input/outputs but I think you'd need the TV on to listen to CD's? Not necessarily a problem of course. Looks as if the TV becomes a hub with everything going through it to the speakers. You may have static images on screen for a lengthy time which may cause image retention or worse, screen burn if you are not careful and have a plasma TV of course...

A HCiB (home cinema in a box) system may suit you better, if you can accommodate 5.1 speakers? Panasonic SC-BTT370 is worth looking at it has an integrated iPod dock and BD player.

All depends on your current equipment and ultimate goal. You may not want to spend too much if you intend to install in-wall speakers in the future.

As always, audition first using your own source material so you are playing/listening to material you are familiar with.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
There are four inputs - optical, RCA, and 2x 3.5mm. I'm not too worried about CD playback as I'd just hook up laptop vua minijack and I'm happy with everything else going through the TV. It may be possible, lip sync permitting, to have a discrete audio connection from TV, BDP and PVR so that CDs could be played and Freeview radio listened to without the TV on, but they would be infrequent activities anyway.

The ultimate goal is to improve the TV sound as much as possible without unduly increasing its visual impact on the room, and also without worring too much about speaker placement issues etc.

I've been thinking about it for a long time and seem to be frozen on making a decision!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts