perfection?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Something one of you guys said in a recent thread and I picked up on ... 'if you choose a system you like ... it will play all music well' ...

Do you agree that a well sorted system at whatever price does indeed everything well or is it always a compromise and you have to decide where to compromise most? Where are your priorities ... bass, imaging, punch, instrumental 'colour' or realism, depth of soundstage etc. ? Is your system good at all of them or are there aspects you'd like to improve? Your views ...

A

Anonymous

I guess it depends how fussy you are.

I am never entirely happy. There is always something I am trying to improve, and to be honest,thats half the fun of it all!

T

the record spot

I think I'm settled for now and have been for some time with the present system. We listen to all kinds of music at home so I've always wanted something which does everything well enough rather than something which is great for rock but poor at classical.

I'm at the stage now where I'd need to spend significant money to make a big change/improvement to the sound; the total cost of my system is probably around the £2k mark which has been developed over time. The speakers are ten years old, the t/t, amp and tuner around seven. The most recent purchases were a new cartridge and some new interconnects which have been good investments. We like the end result and visitors to our home usually make some comment about clarity, or whatever, if there's music playing, which is a nice thumbs up I think!

A

Anonymous

Most people have to compromise to get the sound they want. I think that if you can find a system that does an excellent job of the music you enjoy the most then you're more likely to forgive it's misgivings for the poorer reproductions/genres. You almost don't mind the weaknesses. I suppose the trick is to not let your hifi dictate the sort of music you like the most. That would be submissive acknowledgment that you're in it for the kit not the music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts