PC or CDT ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

First post here so maybe best if I let people know what I use...as I have a right royal dilema!

Front End - Being Decided

Musical Fidelity Tri Vista - Separate Power supply

B & W 803 speakers

Good interconnects and Speaker Cables.

The thing is I did have the MF Nu-Vista CD player which was brilliant but, I sold it and am now looking at a DAC + CDT

I`ve really decided on the Eximus DP1 but, I get confused about whether, from a sonic POV a CDT is going to prove better than a PC option such as a mac mini.

I`ve probably got this wrong but surely ripping a cd to Itunes via a pretty basic PC based cd drive and replaying it via PC to the DAC cannot offer an improvement over a direct good quality CDT to DAC process...can it?

I`m not that bothererd about easy acess for my own listening pleasure and can grasp the concept that a direct WAV download from Itunes may have some sonic advantages...but I really enjoy `reallity` in music, positioning, depth, space, timbre and all that stuff they used to speak of years ago...

So can anyone give me advise please, I am considering the MF M1 CDT & maybe the Stello 100 CDT but can find little info on how they would perform with the `supposedly` brilliant Eximus.

Many thanks...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts