Pc Blu-ray playback software.

Thomassteele

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Anyone out there recommend a reasonbly priced Blu-ray plackbay software for a Windows Vista based PC, have got Powerdvd 11 ultra but can't get it to play them at all, but plays Dvds fine, have got a trial version of Arcsoft Totalmedia 5 which plays them very well, but at over £60 is a bit expensive for just watching the occasional movie.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Strange as according to Cyberlink it plays Blu-ray & is the Number 1 media player. If that is the case & the fact it should play Blu-ray Disks, I would get in contact with them. Why spend more money if you dont need to? Clicky for the website.

Good luck regards..

Thomassteele

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit,

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz,

3 GB 800 mhz Ram,

640 GB Western digital Hard Drive,

Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB graphics card,

Pioneer BD-RW BDR - 206 Blu - Ray reader, writer,

Realtek HD Audio.

Cyberlinks own BD adviser Tells me that everything passes its tests no problem. Just a bit annoying as I said the arc soft software works great but is only a trial .

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thomassteele said:
Cyberlinks own BD adviser Tells me that everything passes its tests no problem..

So why have you not got in contact with Cyberlink if that is the case? Especially as it is not older software.

The other thing to mention is you may not be able to watch Blu-ray Discs if you declined to update PowerDVD. PowerDVD needs to update because the AACS key requires periodical updates for content protection reasons. Blu-ray Discs have adopted AACS (Advanced Access Content System) to protect the digital content. AACS keys are required to play some Blu-ray Discs titles.

Just to add always make sure you have the latest firmware in your Pioneer BD-RW BDR - 206 & all your drivers are up to date.

Regards ....

Thomassteele

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Have read up on Powerdvd 11 sees that a few people have had problems, have asked for a refund, and bought the arcsoft software which works a treat. Nice Spot f800, Thanks for your help guys.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah well if you get a refund, there is an open source player free that will play BD Clicky. I've not found anything of mine it has not played yet.

Plays everything, Files, Discs (DVD, CD, VCD, Blu-ray), Webcams and Streams. Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed
MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, MPEG-4, WebM, WMV player.

Works on most platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix.

Regards...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts