partnering my Roksan mk3 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have got an Roksan Kandy mk3 amp and i want to replace my old Technics cd player with a new one not sure what to buy though my budget is £500. My speakers are Monitor Audio BR5`s with Audioquest interconnect,QED anniversary cable.

A

Anonymous

Get a Rega Apollo. They sound very good together - I had them both.

EvilWolf:Get a Rega Apollo. They sound very good together - I had them both.

I've never heard the Apollo, although it's very highly thought of. Alternatively, Roksan Kandy MKIII player is the obvious match but you could do worse than an Arcam CD73T. Both of these are now replaced and there are bargains are out there.

If it was my money, I would buy the Exposure 2010s. Wonderful player below the grand mark.

A

Anonymous

The Kandy amp and CDP are both a little bright so the pair might strip paint in your room. Perhaps that's a useful feature. The Apollo suggestion is good as I found it to be a better listen in direct comparison. Perhaps a bit smoother and better balanced.

The Arcam 73 is very good but with your budget you can do better. Perhaps you can find a Musical Fidelity XRay v8, a very detailed and neutral player. The Kandy MK3 had a bit more bass but it wasn't as good.

Lintone Audio have a selection at good prices, including the Arcam FMJ CD36 for £700. A bit above budget but very nice indeed. Wish I'd bought one of those myself over the MF but I stuck to budget! Pah. Self discipline is overrated.

http : // stores . ebay . co . uk/Lintone-Audio_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
I cannot recommend the Apollo.

Not only does it have operational issues, but isÿoverpriced in terms of build quality.

I've considered it for a long time, but eventually I was turned off by my experience with no less than 3 units at different dealers having stopped working during audition.

I would think that any CDP with more body than usual would suit the amplifier very well.

A

Anonymous

ok thanks very much for your replies.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts