Partington Stand Owners - Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
This whole thread would have been better dealt with in an exchange of emails rather than on a public forum, and seems to have fallen victim to the usual sweeping generalisations and tetchiness.

The big red button looms...

Hi Andrew,

I think I mentioned this in my reply to David, I wanted to ask on others experiences regarding the finish of products so i could make up my mind and NOT have a discussion of my case on a public forum. However since he as FrankHarveyHiFi thought it appropriate to discuss details i responded.

Excluding the statements about made in the UK vs made in China it seems that some are lucky, some aren't and if they care or not is down to personality.

I think i have found out what I wanted from owners such as Chebby etc. The rest is just off topic IMO.

Regards,
Edward

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Miggs: This is to David at Frank Harvey. Why should something thats hand made not be as good as something from a production line. I would totally disagree with you on that point.

Hi Miggs

I'm just passing on info given to me by Partington here, although having unboxed a few pairs in store, most of them do have blemish or two - the occassional one has actual marks on, so that backs up what they say. We do sell a lot of Partington over the web and considering how much we do sell, we don't get many back at all. As someone mentioned earlier, it depends how fussy people are - and I don't mean this in any negative way towards anyone - if there's a mark on a stand, some peoe might turn it round so it's at the back - others won't accept marks at all.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fast eddie:Hi David, yes it was your site, although i hope you appreciate that I didn't start this thread to try and get a resolution or discussion about my specific case on the forum, only to find out other owners experiences of the finish. Hence not mentioning your company in either thread.

I understand, and I never thought otherwise due to you not mentioning they were from us. The only reason I replied was in case you thought we were selling B Stock after a few of the replies to what you originally posted. Plus, many people on forums have private contact due to there being no messagin system on here. The last thing want is people susupecting used/B Stock and telling other people or raising their suspicions unnecessarily.

The only unboxing that i am aware of happened today to check the pair(s) you had in stock. Hence my knowledge of the faint scratch. I certainly hope the ones i received yesterday weren't checked. (Joke)
emotion-5.gif

The ones you received yesterday would've been sent out on Friday, so they wou't have been checked. The guys were checking them yesterday (Monday).

I quite agree, in fact i already said this to Mark, none of the three parties wants to be spending any more time or money sending stands back and forth. I'm not trying to be difficult since I've been looking at possible stands for months and the only two Gayle and I agreed on were the Partington ones. If you haven't already please check the picture I emailed over.

I think between Gail and yourselves we've covered everything, so I'll give you or Mark a bell tomorrow since I missed you after work. Just to finish I think the service I've had from Hifix/Frank Harvey has been great, when ever I've spoken to anyone (mainly Mark and Lee i think) they've been very helpful, and emails answered quickly.

Thanks Ed. I understand wanting them to be perfect after finally finding the ones you want.

Regards

David

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Handmade stuff can look, er handmade.

Hifi Racks racks used to look very handmade, now much less so, but they still have a nice homely feel about them.

Much good stuff has a not 100% consistent feel about it. Just like nature intended.

The problem is we have all become accustomed to mass-produced rubbish. If you go to the Musuem of Childhood in Bethnal Green, some of the old toys display truly excellent craftsmanship and the new stuff looks, er mass-produced. And rubbish.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fast eddie:Hi Andrew, I think I mentioned this in my reply to David, I wanted to ask on others experiences regarding the finish of products so i could make up my mind and NOT have a discussion of my case on a public forum. However since he as FrankHarveyHiFi thought it appropriate to discuss details i responded. Excluding the statements about made in the UK vs made in China it seems that some are lucky, some aren't and if they care or not is down to personality. I think i have found out what I wanted from owners such as Chebby etc. The rest is just off topic IMO. Regards, Edward

Agreed.

TRENDING THREADS