Panasonic website - new models

A

Anonymous

Oh, OK must've been the day before when I checked. Losing track of the days in my old age.

Anyone know when the VT series will be in the stores?

A

Anonymous

I have been advised that the 50" VT20 should be out in May sometime and will have a selling of price of around £1999.99 with 2 pairs of glasses thrown in too.

M

A

Anonymous

compare that to a 40in samsung 3d lcd with no glasses at £1800 .. plus two pairs of glasses .. £300 . thats £2100 ..a ton more for ten inches less
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

I think Panasonic have got the price right this time on their 3D tv's specially the 50" version, your bang on right Max regarding the Samsung being more money when you add up buying glasses on top too and also ive heard the Sony model is going to be around £2200 to £2400 for their 52" version with no glasses or transmitter, so i have to say that Panasonic have got their strategy right this time round.

M

A

Anonymous

Panasonic Store:

I have been advised that the 50" VT20 should be out in May sometime and will have a selling of price of around £1999.99 with 2 pairs of glasses thrown in too.

M

Could you let us know when and where the first VT20's will be available for viewing demos if you get/have the info.

A

Anonymous

Hi pejwright

Tough question to answer as it's upto the retailers if they will have the VT20 on show or even stock it but one thing for sure is that the chain of Panasonic Store's should have one on show when they are due out in May because i was contacted by some shop fitters who are working with Panasonic and was asked if i wanted a dedicated 50" VT20 3D area built within my store and my answer was YES after seeing the proposal picture, so if i was asked about the shop fit, then all the chain of Panasonic Store's would of been asked too, aslong as there is a store near you that is? As for other retailers, they should be stocking this too, it will be a key product that customers will be after with big demand.

The VT20's will be out in May but dont know when, stock should be distributed across the retailers around the same time although Panasonic Store's seem to get new models a few days before the rest from my experience.

M

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Panasonic Store, not too long to wait then.

Hopefully, WHF can review it pretty soon too.

A

Anonymous

Not long to wait, just around the corner and even im tempted to change my 5 month old Panasonic Viera already, lol.

M

Ian J Thompson

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I've made up my mind that i'm going to buy the Panasonic 65 inch 3D TV, and i don't mind waiting until July.

I saw on one website that it has Skype available on this 3D TV, but you have to buy the camera as an optional extra, that fits onto the top of the TV.

Ian.

A

Anonymous

I can't wait until the guy's at the magazine do a review of the Panasonic 3D TV's versus Sony's. Depending who comes out on top for both 3D and more importantly at this stage 2D, will depend on what set I plump for.

I've already been in advanced negotiations with the missus over telly size, I've managed to barter my way up to 46" at the moment, but will be in a real dilemma if the panasonic 50" comes out on top (which I suspect it might do based on hype!).

A

Anonymous

I agree. Most people have not yet got round to watching HD content yet. And that is because there is not much to see except for sport and a few new films.

I may be wrong, but I think 3 d tv will turn out to be a white elephant in the electronics field.

A

Anonymous

Very Annoyed:

I agree. Most people have not yet got round to watching HD content yet. And that is because there is not much to see except for sport and a few new films.

I may be wrong, but I think 3 d tv will turn out to be a white elephant in the electronics field.

I'm also not interested in 3D but will be interested to find out if the VT series turn out to be Kuro beaters.

I'd rather see manufacturers concentrate on PQ rather than something gimmicky like 3D.

A

Anonymous

3D will be a slow burner in 2010 at least due to lack of content, however with the amount of new films I'm seeing being released at cinema's in 3D I suspect 2011 maybe somewhat different.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts