Panasonic ub700 4K Blu Ray player £313 at Amazon

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-4K-Ultra-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B01M0UAMTG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1474911581&sr=8-13&keywords=panasonic+4k+blu+ray+player

I am tempted.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I thought you were done with 4K.
I have just been watching 4K clips and trailers on YouTube and they look great though. I don't quite understand what's going on. Whether it's HDR causing the problems or what on 4K Blu Ray players?

Am I right in thinking with the Panasonic ub900 that you can turn off HDR? Cheers.

No idea whether you can turn off HDR on the Panasonic. If I were you, I would wait to see what the Oppo is like. I'm very confident that you will want to buy the Oppo just to try out Dolby Vision. Hold fire, and wait until the Oppo comes with Dolby Vision out of the box (I know you don't like updating firmwares, so wait until Oppo offers it pre-installed).

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
No idea whether you can turn off HDR on the Panasonic. If I were you, I would wait to see what the Oppo is like. I'm very confident that you will want to buy the Oppo just to try out Dolby Vision. Hold fire, and wait until the Oppo comes with Dolby Vision out of the box (I know you don't like updating firmwares, so wait until Oppo offers it pre-installed).
Cheers mate. I was thinking about the Oppo too, I can contact them and they can send me a disc, that's what they did last time for firmware updates.

D

Deleted member 2457

Aren't 4K Blu Rays up scaled 1080p Blu Rays at the moment though?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought films were shot in higher than 1080p (2k). So strictly speaking they're upscaled from there.

Youd expect 4K shooting to become the norm.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought the Panasonic ub900 and Batman versus Superman and it's much better than the Samsung K8500. I definitely agree with WhatHifi. I am enjoying it a lot more, the only problem is that it doesn't do 10 bit just 8 or 12 bit. So might well return it and buy the Oppo 203.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Just bought the Panasonic ub900 and Batman versus Superman and it's much better than the Samsung K8500. I definitely agree with WhatHifi. I am enjoying it a lot more, the only problem is that it doesn't do 10 bit just 8 or 12 bit. So might well return it and buy the Oppo 203.

I haven't seen any reference to the player not outputting 10-bit, although there is a reference in the link below for issues activating deep colour on the TV. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-ub900-201605154293.htm

D

Deleted member 2457

Feral said:
gel said:

I haven't seen any reference to the player not outputting 10-bit, although there is a reference in the link below for issues activating deep colour on the TV. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-ub900-201605154293.htm
Cheers buddy.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am quite enjoying this Batman versus Superman now!

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
you'll need to ensure your HDMI either directly into the TV or via AVR into the TV is Deep Colour, you might find that only 2 of 4 for example are able to be activated for deep colour.

D

Deleted member 2457

Feral said:
gel said:
I am quite enjoying this Batman versus Superman now!

are you swimming back to the UHD shores now?
Nope, afraid not now, I went and done a comparison with the Blu Ray on my Pioneer and I am still not finding the love for it! I think I am well and truly done now and definitely won't be buying the Oppo now. I still think the Panasonic may possibly be better than the Samsung. I just find Blu Ray very hard to beat, and I still watch DVDs too.

I bought a 3D Blu Ray player and didn't enjoy that much and now I am not enjoying 4K, I will keep with my Blu Rays and DVDs. I will wait until my Pioneer packs up and buy another cheap Blu Ray player. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts