Panasonic TXP42G30B power consumption

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been querying the power consumption of the above model plasma TV. The back of the television has a label stating 275W yet the packaging came with a sticky label stating the power consumption is 122w , energy band C. The person at Customer Care I spoke to seemed not to believe me, so I photographed the sticky label making the above claims and sent a copy photo for their information. I did not pick up on this until I read an article in Which magazine regarding the high power consumption of Panasonic plasma TV's . I then checked and found that the TV was using more than twice the power I thought. This to me seems like a case of Panasonic making misleading claims about the performance of their products. I sent 3 emails regarding this, on 11/9/12 with reminders on 26/9/12 and 10/10/12. I have had no response . I had expected a better service from a company of their reputation.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
My understanding is that the “Rated Power Consumption” is what you would expect under some pretty extreme picture settings (high brightness/contrast etc whilst watching “Frozen Planet” for example), which is where the 275W comes in.

The 122W you refer to is the “On Mode Average Power Consumption” which is what would be expected under more "normal" viewing conditions. They have based this on using the "IEC 62087 Ed. 2 measurement method" as mentioned in the specifications in your manual: completely no idea what it is and totally couldn’t care less, but it’s there if you’re interested to learn how they arrived at that figure.

However it works undoubtedly they will have used some relatively low brightness/contrast settings viewing relatively moderate/dim lit material so I really wouldn’t worry about it. And I also wouldn’t worry about Panasonic not replying, as through my own personal experience they are unable to answer even the most basic of operational questions.

So unless you like high brightness and contrast on your TV and watch a lot of Arctic wildlife or skiing, you’ll never hit anything near 275W so just enjoy your TV!

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts