Panasonic TX-P50VT50 unboxed

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
:bounce:

Looking forward to the review of this set...it's a potential upgrade for me if it's a significant step up from my GT30 and will give me the perfect excuse to put the GT30 in the bedroom! Aesthetically it looks the part just hope the performance is good enough to tempt me.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Watched the unboxing...thought plasma screens should be kept upright? The screen was laid on it's back during the unpacking process?

Standing by to be corrected of course... :silenced:

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
AFAIK, plasma screens should not be stored or transported horizontally for long periods but to do so while assembling the stand for 2 mins I am sure is acceptable :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yup, it was only on its back for a very short time, so no harm done.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

I am just getting buffering too. On PC and iphone. In fact it is happening with all the videos on this site.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, it's a known issue with iOS devices and Internet Explorer. Our tech team is working on a fix. Can you try in another browser? Should work OK in Firefox, Safari or Chrome on PC.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
FYI, the video does not work using IE9 in either Windows 7 or Windows 8, but plays perfectly when switching to the Chrome browser on both platforms :cheers:

lovlid

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Yup, it was only on its back for a very short time, so no harm done.
smiley-smile.gif

It didn't have to be on its back at all. The box has four large plastic carrying tabs, these are removable, and enable you to lift off the box, leaving the TV upright. You are then able to get the pedestal ready while the TV is still upright in the packaging.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

michael hoy

Just visited my local Panasonic Centre today, they had one on display.

The bezel is not as slim as the new LED screens from Panasonic and it did not look to different to the VT30.

Two things I did find out:

1. There is no fan in the VT50.

2. Only availabable from 50" upwards, no 42 or 46 version.

A

Anonymous

Just buffering on firefox too. :wall:

Can`t wait for the full review though.

I`m undecided between the GT50 & the VT50.

Is a bit of styling a pain of louvre glass & a wi remote worth £500 extra?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts