Panasonic TX-37LZD800 - Any reviews/feedback??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ready to buy a TV. Most likely Panasonic 37" LCD - TX-37LZD800

Curious to hear reviews especially compared to their TX-37LZD85...

Thanks in advance...

A

Anonymous

Carlodec I am in the same boat as you. my main reason for going for that telly is the 4 hdmi as I know I will need them with the likes of a 360, ps3, dvd upscaler and future freesat. Also the 800 is 24p and like all the range with each new telly you get slighly better standards and this is the lcd flagship, as you can tell I play a lot of games so lcd is for me, as I like the bright crisp imagine, but everyone here will tell you that the plasma is the way to go, but in the end it is up to you.

A

Anonymous

unlikely to hear reviews as the LZD800 series is set to come out in June/July as ive heard

A

Anonymous

From my understanding and various pieces of information, plasma's don't really come into their own until around 42"-ish and above.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe Panasonic have done an excellent job on the 37" plasma.

I'd need to check it out in store to see.

It's not 1080p either so I'd be curious to see how it looks. Also how it copes on a regular Sky input (non-HD). That's important to me.

Besides, all said and done, I'm really waiting for the OLED's to become consumer level. I've seen them already up close and they look amazing.

So whatever I buy it's probably just to last me maybe a little while before the next phase of technology takes over.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I've seen the 37" plasma and the LZD80 up close at a really good dealer who was able to swap between SD and HD material. I would say that the LCD does a pretty good job with SD material compared to many TVs of this type, but the plasma reveals more subtle detail and definition (faces are quite a good measure) and produces a sharper, more pleasing picture overall.

With HD material, the LCD set has a definite and seductive advantage - its full HD image is strikingly bright and clear. The plasma is less sharp but still very good, colours are more subtle, the black level is better - maybe the picture is more 'natural' despite being less startling.

If we were able to watch everything in HD, I think I might be swayed by the LCD set but, for watching a lot of day to day TV plus highlights such as HD sport/Blu Ray movies, the plasma is IMHO a better compromise.

A

Anonymous

I certainly will go check the plasma and see how it is.

I think I'd like to hang on (hopefully not too long...) to check the new LZD800 LCD as it's supposed to be up there too.

But for sure I'll take a look at the plasma.

I hope they don't release another one just as I'm about to purchase! I'll never get a tv!!...

thanks for advice

A

Anonymous

Compared the TX 37LZD800 again. And it's just brilliant.

Zombunny, be happy with your purchase. That set is great all round. SD, HD and I bet gaming is unreal.

I ended up buying the PZ85B 42".... haha.. The only reason was because I got swayed by the extra size... And they say size doesn't matter... .hahah

Really though. It was a tough choice. The 37" in my opinion was the better TV. Probably the best on the market right now at least in and around that size.

Panasonic have done a great job on these new tv's.

TRENDING THREADS