Panasonic TH37PX80 - Upgraded Version??

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I really like this set but it doesn`t have Picture in Picture facility which I wanted.

Is it known whether there will be a TH37PX800 or if there will be another Panasonic 37" Plasma with PIP?

37" is the max I can go for so anything above that is out of the question.

LCD? Looking at this forum most say Go Plasma, hence my choice of the above.

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The '80' is as high as the 37in plasmas get in Panasonic's range - only the 42-,46- and 50in plasma models are set for higher-spec '85' and '800' status, i'm afraid.

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Clare.

I may well have to sacrifice the Picture in Picture! Just get so fed up channel hopping between the ads which now appear to be longer than the programs!

I did see the Samsung LE37M87BDX which is 37" but LCD and does have PIP and also full HD.

Between the 2 I take it that the Panasonic is going to be the set of choice?

Thanks for your help.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, i'd opt for the Pana - though the new-season Samsungs are shaping up nicely, too...

Have you thought of a PVR/Sky so you can record your favourite shows then skip through the ads? ( Even if i'm going to watch a show live, if it's on a channel with ads, i record it and start watching about 5-10 minutes later - that way I can fast-forward through all the ads and catch up in real time by the end of the programme).

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Actually I do the same! I have Sky+.

Its only an issue when I sit to watch something that I hadn`t previously recorded. I`ll have to plan my viewing better in the future!

Now, these new Samsungs! Any available news on these and when they will be available?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
( Even if i'm going to watch a show live, if it's on a channel with ads, i record it and start watching about 5-10 minutes later - that way I can fast-forward through all the ads and catch up in real time by the end of the programme).
[/quote]

Nice...very nice....Lovely. There is just no substitute for haning around here picking up these scraps! Thank you Clare!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bf1"]
Now, these new Samsungs! Any available news on these and when they will be available?

Thanks

[/quote]

We've already tested one (see here) - more details on release dates etc for rest of range any time soon: we're just awaiting some final info from Samsung before posting the full story.

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Do you think the additional could be with you this week?

If Samsung release a 37" plasma with Picture in Picture and IF it is equal to or better than the panny then I could be changing my mind again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts