Panasonic TH103VX200W @ Richer Sounds just £75499.95

• Thread starter BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW
  • Start date
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

shifty.gif

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/th103vx200w/pana-th103vx200

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
:grin: As they say, 'Bargain!'

I think the 85" version is on display in a few places, including the Manchester Store which is only a few hundred yards from my work, I should pop in.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bigboss said:
BenLaw said:
:grin: As they say, 'Bargain!'

I think the 85" version is on display in a few places, including the Manchester Store which is only a few hundred yards from my work, I should pop in.

You should go for the 103-inch version! :p

Yeah Ben, don't bother with that tiddler.
smile.png

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Which av amps have 4 hdmi outputs please. I want 4 of these screens for my bedroom. Need some good speakers and 4 subs too. You are wondering how I can afford such extravagence? Lets say I'm a banker.

:dance:

RobinKidderminster said:
Which av amps have 4 hdmi outputs please. I want 4 of these screens for my bedroom. Need some good speakers and 4 subs too. You are wondering how I can afford such extravagence? Lets say I'm a banker.

Come on now, don't be stingy! You need 4 AV amps & 4 sets of 7.1 speakers for your bedroom! :rockout:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
RobinKidderminster said:

Come on now, don't be stingy! You need 4 AV amps & 4 sets of 7.1 speakers for your bedroom! :rockout:

Do it properly, 4 x 7.4 >)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
£75k and its maximum res is still 'only' 1080p...
I was expecting something 4K for that price, like the Sony KD-84X9005 at £50k less.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Pansonic do a TH152ux1 so the 103 is a bit small really.

What i really don't understand is 2 65" Panasonic TX65st50b would cost you about £4300 give or take. Now that is 130" of screen so where does the extra £70700 come from well actually £79700s because it's a bargin £75000 down from £84000 originally i think. Is strengthening glass really that much more on the cost or it it the R&D cost ?

I don't get it this set has no value for money.... if i was a trillionaire i still wouldn't buy it.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Why does a 128 GB pen drive cost thrice as much as a 64 GB pen drive, when the emory is only twice?

I don't know but the TV example is 17 X more at the Bargin price !!

v1c said:
What i really don't understand is 2 65" Panasonic TX65st50b would cost you about £4300 give or take. Now that is 130" of screen so where does the extra £70700 come from well actually £79700s because it's a bargin £75000 down from £84000 originally i think. Is strengthening glass really that much more on the cost or it it the R&D cost ?

1) Panasonic makes thousands of 65-inch TVs, but only a handful of 103-inch ones.

2) It needs to price 65-inch TVs competitively to stay with the competition, but doesn't have to do that with the 103-inch TV. It's still cheaper than the competition.

3) The sector it's aiming at wouldn't bother with the price anyway. Even the dealer network is extremely small (usually custom installers).

4) The tech that has gone in it is superior to the ST50. In fact, this is the best TV Panasonic has ever made. Even the parts will be superior to the ones you find in consumer grade TVs.

5) Cost of transportation is high.

6) Cost of repairs during the warranty period is also factored in.

7) Panasonic isn't aiming for much profits here anyway. Large TVs are usually made to show off their tech, & enhance Panasonic's credibility.

I don't get it this set has no value for money.... if i was a trillionaire i still wouldn't buy it.

This is for people who, for some reason, cannot install a projector (like a brightly lit environment). It will attract commercial establishments too.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Its also quite possible that Panasonic get some failures when manufacturing panels of this size which also would have to be factored into the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts