PANASONIC TH-42PZ70 SHOULD I BUY?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a new tv this week and thinking of purchasing the Panasonic TH-42PZ70.

What do you think?

Should i be looking at anything else?

Or is it a no brainer and should just buy it?

Need it for heavy gaming (xbox 360), Movies and Sky HD.

I would be very grateful on your thoughts on this.

Many thanks

Dave

A

Anonymous

I saw this one in John Lewis a couple of days ago and was less impressed than I thought I'd be. It seemed less sharp than the LCDs and the colours were off. Going by other peoples' impressions of the PZ70 it may just be that this one was set up badly.

I was thinking of changing my Toshiba 37x3030 for this but it didn't look great with the BBC HD source on show??? I'm also worried about using a plasma for games (although this is apparently less of a problem with newer models). It should be good for movies and sport - anything with a lot of movement.

Sorry to add to your confusion...it's only because I thought this model was the answer to my problems but, when I saw it, I was underhelmed.

Rob

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, I'm also looking at getting this TV as it has been reduced by a lot of online retailers today in the sales...

Comments in the Magazine are 'Amazing plasma, highly impressive contrast and details.

A

Anonymous

What's the difference between the TH-42PZ70 and the TH-42PX70?

A

Anonymous

pz is full fat hd and the px is hd ready, gonna get the 42px70 in next couple of days myself .I used to have an issue about wanting full hd but at 42" and 10'-12' away i cant see a difference

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I got the pz70 a few weeks ago and im very happy , picture is brilliant ! Went to my uncles yesterday (christmas day) and he has the px70 ! At first i thought great picture until i got up close when it wasnt , plus the fact it was set on dynamic picture . When i got home and switched mine on i was well happy and impressed with the picture compared to his even though mine is still set on cinema mode !! Im glad i went for the pz in the end also for the fact it has the wing speakers and the sound imo is much better then the px !!

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I bought the TH-42PZ70 about a month ago and I'm very pleased with it.

Colours are brilliant and contrast is incredible. I compared it to the pioneer PDP-428XD and the pioneer is darker and has even more colour difference(fed from the same source) but it costs ? 1000 more! I've connected my dvd player and HD receiver onto my yamaha receiver with ixos component video cables and then to the panasonic. I'm not so in the gaming anymore, but I've tried my ps2 and gamecube and loved it. I watch a lot of dvd's and they also look fantastic. Especially the Pixar movies are a real treat with colours and detail. I also have a HD receiver from INDI (Begian TV Distribution) and the picture is also fine, the HD channels are really impressive. I've tried the tv sound with the ps2 and it goes loud enough, but I never use the tv speakers so I can't give any comment on the tv sound. Sorry if I wrote some mistakes. I hope that this helps you.

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
thanks for the comments guys. I dunno about the OP but I'm about to *** to the local store with a view to buying the TH42PZ.

Cheers again!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts