Panasonic SC-BT200

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Been considering buying an 'all in one' home cinema solution, and Panasonics SC-BT200 has had favourable reviews. Could someone clear a couple of things up for me.

1. There is 1 HDMI output on the player which i'm assuming i would connect to my tv to send picture and sound to it. On an occasion where i may not want to play my blu ray audio through the 5.1 speakers (i know it's defeating the point, but sometimes it needs to be done) if i just turned down the volume on the Panasonic SC-BT200 itself, would i still receive audio through my tv speakers ?

2. How would i connect my Sky HD box to the Panasonic SC-BT200 in order to get surround sound from Sky ?

Thanks for any info.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
and a 3rd thing. is it possible to buy just the blu ray player/amp without the speakers ?

stevee1966:Been considering buying an 'all in one' home cinema solution, and Panasonics SC-BT200 has had favourable reviews. Could someone clear a couple of things up for me.

1. There is 1 HDMI output on the player which i'm assuming i would connect to my tv to send picture and sound to it. On an occasion where i may not want to play my blu ray audio through the 5.1 speakers (i know it's defeating the point, but sometimes it needs to be done) if i just turned down the volume on the Panasonic SC-BT200 itself, would i still receive audio through my tv speakers ?

2. How would i connect my Sky HD box to the Panasonic SC-BT200 in order to get surround sound from Sky ?

Thanks for any info.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
1. I very much doubt it outputs audio over HDMI. That's the whole point in an all-in-one system, it's self contained.

2. Use optical (set to DOLBY D under optical output in the sound settings menu)

3. I'm afraid all-in-ones are bought as a whole system. If you want separates, go for separates.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
d4v3pum4:
1. I very much doubt it outputs audio over HDMI. That's the whole point in an all-in-one system, it's self contained.

My current blu-ray player connects to my tv via HDMI, and provides picture and sound. Why wont the SC-BT200 do the same ?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
stevee1966:d4v3pum4:

My current blu-ray player connects to my tv via HDMI, and provides picture and sound. Why wont the SC-BT200 do the same ?

Because the BT200 is carrying out the sound duties.

Even my Onkyo 875 doesn't send audio to the TV via HDMI as a default. I have to select it from the menu, and this is/was a £1000 A/V amp, I doubt a HCIAB would have this feature (I could be wrong though). Check the menu to see if it has 'HDMI audio passthrough'. If it has selectable passthrough, you're in luck.

A

Anonymous

Couple of things on this issue

- In the set up of the blu ray player, there is a setting in one of the advance menus that talks to hdmi audio output - you want to make sure this is on

- Furthermore, if you have the player hooked up to a panasonic tv, the viera link settings may be causing problems - go to the viera link settings on the tv and make sure volume is set to tv vice theater settings

After two hours I finally figured this out.

TRENDING THREADS