panasonic pz81 weird double/triple layer writing?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am buying a tv for my partner and we have decided after reading the forum bit to go for a plasma, possibly panasonic. The reviews for the pz81 and 85 seem good (could'nt find 800 in shop). The picture looked great until there was some white writing on a blue screen with showroom adverts etc on it. It remained perfect when you were straight on and level with the screen but any deviation above, below or too the side cast a second reflection behind it. Is this ghosting? If you looked straight down from above the screen you could see the writing about 3 versions deep. This tv has a 'no angle limit' on it but it seemed that any deviation caused this effect. It was present on the samsung 6 series plasma next to it but to a lesser degree and not at all on the pioneer plasma to the left. It wasn't on any lcd screens.

What is this and can it be cured or is it a running problem if you happen to have more than one sofa in your room to watch the telly from?

A

Anonymous

so does this mean that everyone who has a plasma (except a pioneer)and sits anywhere than straight in front sees these images when watching their tv? I favoured plasma over lcd due to its abiltiy to run superior sd but I have to say this seems like a fundamental problem when comared to lcd.

Any plasma owners having too put up with this??????????????????

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I went to look at some BR players earlier today. A couple connected to larger Panasonic plasmas.

I can't say I've noticed the double image a lot, even when approaching the sets from aside but I guess once you know it's there thats that.

There probably are other manufacturers that use single sheet glass other than pioneer.

For what it's worth, I agree with your choice of plasma over lcd at this present time.

regards

A

Anonymous

Stand at the viewing distance you will be sat from the TV in your lounge, see if you can still see the writing doubled up, it shouldn't be [as] visible.

A

Anonymous

Its funny, I don't think it was the aerial feel as when the tv was running a trailer for film etc the picture seemed excellant. The feed was from 3 (yellow, red, white) connectors in the back, not hdmi. It ws just really noticable with the white on blue adverts. Maybe this doesn't happen in normal feeds but as I don't know anyone with a panny plasma like the pz's I can't be sure.

On your 46, if you watch film credits for example white on black and you watch from the side is there any probs? Would appreciate your input.

A

Anonymous

It wasn't the distance per se, the angle. Straight on looked fine at all distances, anything more than about 30 degrees off you could still see it. Is there a minimum distance you should be viewing this size set from then? I will be about 10 ft away.

A

Anonymous

Sorry what I was meant to say is when you are further away the angle you view from will become narrower, therefore the problem shouldn't be as noticeable... It does happen on all plasma sets bar Pioneer that I have viewed.

A

Anonymous

Ive never seen anything like on my panny from any viewing angle, could be somthing to do with shop lighting?

A

Anonymous

bday present:so does this mean that everyone who has a plasma (except a pioneer)and sits anywhere than straight in front sees these images when watching their tv? I favoured plasma over lcd due to its abiltiy to run superior sd but I have to say this seems like a fundamental problem when comared to lcd. Any plasma owners having too put up with this??????????????????No, not on my plasma, must be a bad feed to the TV?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Not seen that on my 42 inch PZ81 even at a great angle. Must be the shop setup.

A

Anonymous

no one gets this on the pz85 do they? as im gonna be buying one in the next few weeks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts