Panasonic plasma screen burn if using as monitor!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Bought a Panasonic TH-37PX80 a few days ago, I have been using it with the Panasonic BD-35 and when watching dark knight yesterday the picture really is amazing.

I have 2 issues, firstly how bad are the newer plasma panels for screen burn? Will it start getting noticable in a few years? secondly I have connected my PC to it via the VGA connection and although the desltop looks fine when I open the internet browser the screen will look more grey then white. I have seen PC settings in the menu but cant get this to look right, I have also tried connecting it via DVI to HDMI and although the picture looks a little clearer it is still grey. Any ideas how I can get this looking right? I didnt have this issue with my older LCD. And what are the chances of screen burn from PC use?

As the Tv has a faulty speaker I do have the option to exchange it for something completely different and I was considering going for the Samsung le40a656, this will however cost me another £150 and im not sure it will look as good with films.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Stick with your Plaz as IMHO it is ear superiour to the LCD you are thinking of for both Movies and TV viewing.

As for worrying about perminant damage to your Plaz from using your PC, well I have my PC hooked upto my Samsung 50"" Plaz and absolutly no problems. From my experience a pc will all ways look more normal to your eyes on a LCD as this is how we are all used to seeing it, and say whites will apear brighter due to how a LCD works. But you can get your pc looking very good on your Plaz and also lower any risk of Screen Burn.

I have my contrast and brightness set quite low for PC use, at first it will appear a little odd but soon becomes normal and have adjusted the screens Gama level to help.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply, I dont have a gamma setting on my tv and im so tempted just to hold onto the plasma. I was considering the Samsung series 6 just for PC side of it but im confident movies wont look as good. I think I will just exchange my plasma for the same model (hopefully without any speaker problems)

superbike999

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
I have had a Panasonic 42" plasma since the World Cup in 2005. It's a superb picture and I've never had any sign of screen burn. Just make sure that your viewing mode in picture settings is set to "cinema" and not dynamic. If you set it to dynamic, the colours tend to be over saturated. I certainly wouldn't change mine for a Samsung or any other set, apart from a new Panasonic when the time comes. Set your contrast, brighteness and sharpness to about half way and the colour balance to normal. I have the colour management and P-NR set to off.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS