Panasonic p42gt50 issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have bought the above tv. It is indeed as good as What Hi Fi reviewed. I have one slight issue. On some commercials when the colour is predominantly white I can hear a slight buzzing from the tv. Is this a fault with the broadcast or the tv? Ta

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Although I can't directly answer your question, I have noticed in times gone by that at the end of some adverts before the programme actually re-started there was sometimes a pause with the ad on "hold", so to speak, and there would be a buzzing (can't say I remember it being coluur dependent, though).

The only recollection I have of that is in the days of analogue and CRT, though, so puzzling. Presumably it doesn't interfere with normal brodcasts?

A

Anonymous

djmonkey74

ive the 50inch version tv and have the same issues as you im in talks with the vendor i bought it from who says that all plasmas buzz but im not convinced as this is my second tv (the first had a small air bubble on the screen) but i never noticed the buzzing on that tv. it can get very loud when the screen is almost white/bright especially in the eveneings when the sound is lower.

any ideas anyone

let us know guys @ what hifi if there is a problem or are we being fussy

A

Anonymous

The more I listen to the TV the more I can hear the buzz. It is not just on white picture. In fact I find it annoying. I may even speak to John Lewis about this. Would I be covered in my warranty?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
All plasma TVs buzz and this buzz will be more noticeable the higher the ABL(Average Brightness Level) is,so on a dark scene the buzz will bo lower than if the screen is displaying a bright scene. Even tho this is normal for a plasma to buzz,the buzz should not be audible from a normal viewing position over the TVs sound.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
D.J.KRIME said:
All plasma TVs buzz and this buzz will be more noticeable the higher the ABL(Average Brightness Level) is,so on a dark scene the buzz will bo lower than if the screen is displaying a bright scene. Even tho this is normal for a plasma to buzz,the buzz should not be audible from a normal viewing position over the TVs sound.

I'm no expert on plasma (this is my first one), but mine most certainly doesn't buzz or make any kind of noise regardless of the brightness level.

Putting the TV on mute you really have to strain to even hear the gentle whirring of the fan.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it is normal for plasmas to buzz but i think to a certain extent, when i brought my gf her panasonic x10 that had an awful buzz. It used to really agitate me but as time went on it died down to the point now that you can't hear anything unless you put your head behind the tv.

My gt50 has a mild buzz and i'm sure as the hours rack up it should die down too. If it is intolerable for you to bear i would advise getting in contact with the retailer that you brought it from and find out what your options are.

TRENDING THREADS