Panasonic GT plasmas

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
For a few months now I have been looking on Ebay for a replacement Panasonic plasma, (I just cannot get on with LED), but I have so far avoided the GT models as I have heard they have a inherent fault and are very unrealiable, am I right to avoid these because a GT60 has become available on Ebay, 2 years old with a starting bid of £500, I am very tempted.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
kitkat said:
For a few months now I have been looking on Ebay for a replacement Panasonic plasma, (I just cannot get on with LED), but I have so far avoided the GT models as I have heard they have a inherent fault and are very unrealiable, am I right to avoid these because a GT60 has become available on Ebay, 2 years old with a starting bid of £500, I am very tempted.

thats a lot of money for a GT when they were only a grand or so brand new. Not sure about issues with this set but I have the VT(£1500 new) and it's a brilliant plasma. I'd only buy 1 that has a warranty still, transferable that is..

im the same as you in regards to lcd TVs, I'd miss the inky blacks.. The only other alternative is to go down the oled route, but prices are probably over your budget but are comparable to plasma, if not better..

D

Deleted member 2457

The GT50 had a lot of problems with it but I think the GT60 is fine. I think there is one on AVForums too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just sold:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-50gt60-immaculate-condition-with-2-years-10-months-warranty-left.2010292/

'Only £600 though and warranty!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I can confirm that the GT50s do have problems, so I wouldn't buy one without a warranty. The GT60s were a better tv, and I'm not aware of any inherent problems with them, though that doesn't mean there isn't any.

The tv you're looking at is a bit overpriced for a 42" tv, and I do find it a little strange that it comes with a 'Sony' warranty, so I wouldn't jump too quickly, as a better option may raise it's head sooner or later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts