Panasonic DVD player DMR-EZ27EB-K V Denon 1940 Dvd player

chrisku

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am looking to buy a new DVD player for my new panasonic TH42PX70B.

I am looking for a player which can upscale the picture of my standard dvds and also have the capability of playing high definition dvds.

I have read and am quite tempted with the pansonic DMR-EZ27EBK DVD recorder and player or the Denon 1940. Both I have seen available for £150.

Can anyone advise which one they would recommend ? Am I right in thinking that both of these players would improve the picture of my standard dvds plus both have the capability of playing HD dvds ?

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

A

Anonymous

Neither will play HD DVDS. Both will however upscale standard DVD's to in the case of the DENON DVD 1940 to either 720p/1080i/1080p .With regards to HD DVDs, I am convinced they will soon be a thing of the past with more and more films now being released on Blu Ray as evidenced by the major film companies opting for Blu Ray in preference over HD DVD

However, DVD's will be around for a long time and in my view there's not much difference in picture quality between a good DVD Upscaler and a Blu Ray which is why I currently refer to the latter as Blur Ray players because they're aren't yet leaps and bounds ahead of a quality DVD player like a Denon DVD 1940. If I have to be honest though Blu Ray gives you a bit more depth to the picture but that's about it at present

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Tallyho"]Blu Ray gives you a bit more depth to the picture but that's about it at present[/quote]

And sound. Those with a suitable AV set-up would really hear the benefit of going HiDef.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="david1997"]
[quote user="Tallyho"]Blu Ray gives you a bit more depth to the picture but that's about it at present[/quote]

And sound. Those with a suitable AV set-up would really hear the benefit of going HiDef.

[/quote]

Granted Sound too for those with a good AV set up but not in leaps and bounds

A

Anonymous

I also have the Panasonic TH42px70b and bought the Denon just before Xmas and have been happy with it. It replaced a Pioneer 575A which is a great player. I wouldn't say the difference is major but it is a quality piece of kit.I have it set to upscale to 720 as I think I read on this forum that this was the best setting for the Denon with this TV. Can anybody confirm this?

A

Anonymous

What I dont understand is if the TV does a good job of upscaling why do you need an upscaling player? I have just got a Pana 32 LZD 80 and its display of freeview is very good. Surely it should therefore handle DVD equally well?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts