Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Audio Settings help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just updated my TV and Blu ray player but not my amp.

I didn’t want to update my Sony STR-DG820 amp because it works so well, but I did want to keep my options open for playing 3D discs so I got the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 because it has two HDMI ports and could route sound through the amp and picture to the TV.

I’ve gone through every setup and I’m not getting DTS-HD or TRUE-HD. The manual doesn’t help at all and this is becoming a little silly. Could some one go through a step by step guide in the setup.

Many thanks.

Paul.

Go to 'Sound' menu and 'Digital Audio Output' you must set 'BD-Video Secondary Audio' to 'Off'. Not the most intuitive thing in the world, but the player defaults to lower quality sound. This needs to be switched off.

A

Anonymous

Done that Paul and display says 'linear pcm'. We have both Hdmi's plugged in; one to the tv and other to amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks so much, armed with this info, with a reset and a few tweaks on the dvd settings am now listening to DTS-HD Master 7.1 as it should be.

We had no idea about the amp settings, all sounds much better now

Cheers

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Wey-hey! I don't know about Sony surround-sound receivers, so I couldn't help earlier, but I'm glad that with the help of your knowledgeable friends you got there in the end! Enjoy.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
If your Sony amp is anything like mine then make sure on your amp that in HDMI settings - Audio out is set to AMP, and not AMP+TV

Sorry to bump the post but message to AnotherJoe.

Can you possibly list your amps settings (do's and dont's if you like) - as I have the same excellent amp and was wondering if its all set up right.

It probably is, as its all worked well for years but you maybe more knowledgeable than me. Would it be possible to post under a new heading elsewhere and leave me a message as to where that is if you can be bothered please.

Would really help. At mo I am struggling with my hdmi switching and I cant fathom it out. Basically I have a Panasonic BDP-500 and the handshake switches the amp to my tv output (not hdmi 1 where my Blu Ray player pipes through). It used to work fine but somewhere I have gone wrong. Its doing my head in.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Manufacturers should give better setup guides since the language of some setup menus is far from trivial. Maybe a forumite with infinite time & experience could help. Even WHF could help??? I am happy now with my setup but I bet many have wrong settings. A friend had Comet set up an all in one Samsung system & Sky box. What a joke. Didnt realise that Sky needs digital cable as well as hdmi for DD sound.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts