Panasonic DMP-BD55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is this now a discontinued product as i cannot see it on the Panasonic web-site?
New product on the way?
Was looking to buy this, but now unsure to paying full price if in 2 months time it will be haf the price i will pay now.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Apparently discontinued as a new model is imminent - BD60 I believe. Price reductions were around but if you can find one, you have the power to negotiate a discount because it's technically the 'old model'.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

S.Jacob

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

You will be lucky to find one. If you can find one cheap buy it, as the new model, if anything to go by BD55, will be a hit and you may have to wait a while to get a discount. I own a BD55 and am very pleased with the picture and sound (a definite improvement from BD35), but you should look at the Sony S550 which has a few very good bargains now. Somebody has mentined prc direct, but I would stick with amazon. Cheers

Sudheer

A

Anonymous

Cofnchtr:Hi,

Apparently discontinued as a new model is imminent - BD60 I believe. Price reductions were around but if you can find one, you have the power to negotiate a discount because it's technically the 'old model'.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

BD60 is to replace the BD35 and BD80 to replace the BD55, so i'm led to believe.

I can find loads of 55's, Superfi, Amazon, all around £340 - i was hoping for a better deal, should i buy now or risk it and wait a little while longer to get a better price but risk them being out of stock... mmmm

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
I was also after the bd55 but the discounts available don't seem to temp me.

Think I'm going to wait for the new models,Prices may even be lower....and I'm sure there will be better deals on the bd55 once the new models come out.

My local currys still have stock of the bd30 and also the pioneer 70a.£229 and £379.

A

Anonymous

No difference I can see, apart from the money, of course. Only possible diff would be multi-region, but I don't see that listed for either.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.
Do you have any clue as to when the new models will be available or as to what their price might be.
I'm wanting a BD Player that will do the work that my amp can't ie no HDMI ports, it's a Yamaha DSP-AX757SE, and the BD55 seemed to fit the bill, both price-wise and connectivity-wise, 8ch analogue out ect, at least that is what i've been told i need unless i what to change my amp.
Can you have a look ay my other post and see if you can help out with my other probs.
Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts