Panasonic DMP-BD30EG-K

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am thinking of getting a panasonic DMP-BD30EG-K, i have heard all the reviews how good of a blu ray player it is, but what is it like as a upscaler for all my dvd's

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
In the latest 'What Hi Fi?' mag, in the sound advise section near the back, look at the article headed 'Upgrading in stages to high-def sound'.

In the article, it is suggested by the what hi fi staff that the 'pana will deliver as good a DVD image' as the cambridge Audio Azur 540D v2 DVD player (£250, 5 star rated machine).

I have an article in this forum called 'Blu-Ray players playing DVD's - as good as a dedicated DVD player?' Have a look, as Clare from 'What hi fi?' suggests that the pana would be better to buy than the Denon DVD 1940, (latest Best DVD Award Under £300 player) and others similar.

Hope that helps......

A

Anonymous

............and then there's this review which is quite a put off if you are perhaps contemplating the purchase of the Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu Ray Player which ends by saying

Sadly, the plethora of extras can't make up for the Panasonic DMP-BD30's relatively lacklustre image and sound quality.

and other comments referred to: Unfortunately, the Panasonic DMP-BD30 displayed washed-out images on our 50in Pioneer plasma television. One of our jurors noted a tendency to "lose detail" in chapter 3 of the Blu-ray Disc version of 'Phantom of the Opera'; another juror noted that John Wayne's shirt and suspenders lost their three-dimensionality in a day-for-night scene from 'The Searchers' (chapter 20).

Source: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=2106&pn=1

Perhaps the DMP-BD30 is more suited to TV's up to 42 ins......I guess the best thing is to go an audition it with the TV size you have in mind

A

Anonymous

underworld and blade runner just played on my 60 in lg are amazing detail

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts