Panasonic DMP-BD30 - Set up and Regions ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I have managed to get hold of a Panasonic DMP-BD30 blu ray player and first impressions are great. With regard to Blu Ray how do the regions work, am I limited to UK only as in Region 2 in the old dvd days ?

A

Anonymous

Some,but not all blu-ray discs are region free,Movietyme.com and dvdworldusa.com both have lists of all the current region free titles.

A

Anonymous

But you can play some US bd titles as I said in my previous post.

A

Anonymous

It does depend on where you purchased your DMP-BD30 from. Most of the players have only been available from the Panasonic web site or Panasonic High Street shops, and their players are only Region 2 for standard DVD, which is just UK/Europe. Some web sites have advertised the DMP-BD30 as multi-region for standard DVD, so it's probably best to check with your supplier if the machine has been modified for multi region playback of standard DVD. Although we could all debate the issue of regional coding until the cows come home, the situation for Blu-rays does appear to be relaxed, if not more complicated than standard DVDs. Approximately half of all US Blu-ray discs are not regionally coded. As a general rule 20th Century Fox and MGM are Region A for US/Canada only. Some Sony Pictures (Columbia) and some Buena Vista (Disney/Touchstone/Hollywood/Pixar/Miramax) titles are reginally coded. Lionsgate and New Line early titles weren't regionally coded, but newer titles are. Warner Brothers have until now been region free, and hopefully will remain so!? Paramount and Universal were quite happy to support HD DVD not regionally coded, so hopefully they will continue that when they publish on Blu-ray. There are a number of sites, blurayregioncodes.com and movietyme.com amongst others who list the region free discs. We have Terminator 2, Total Recall and No Country For Old Men. All three are labelled as Region A, but play fine on both our Panasonic DMP-BD30 and Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray players! They are listed as region free on the sites, so 'A' could have been a printing error or a change of mind by the studios?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
In case it helps, this site details the Blu-Ray regions. Our region includes the Middle East and Australia - useful to some people. As said previously though, there are quite a few with no region codes (thank goodness otherwise we'd have been stuck with the lousy 2 disc version of Blade Runner...
emotion-12.gif
)

And breathe....
emotion-13.gif

TRENDING THREADS