Panasonic Blu-ray Recorder Problems

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I've got a Panasonic DMR-BS750 and a few problems have started, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same?

Sometimes, a programme I've set to record, doesn't. If I'm present, the red Rec light starts to flash a few mins before the prog is due to start, then it just keeps flashing and doesn't record, either at the start time I set or when it receives a signal from the broadcaster. I suppose it sometimes doesn't get the signal and so is waiting for ever...if that's the case can anything be done?

Also, it won't go into Auto Standby. Whether I set it to Standby after 2 hrs or 4 hrs, it should go off if there are no inputs from the user in that time. It doesn't, it just stays on all day, if I go to work and accidentally leave it on. It used to work, this feature.

Thanks

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi cyrus fan

The Timer problem can sometimes I think be that the TV companys don't send the signal out with the programme and the only way around this would be to set the time manually. I assume you have the latest firmware update for the machine as this was a known glitch when the machine was first released.

Sorry but I can't help you on the standby problem, perhaps again check you have the latest software or totally switch the thing off and do a factory reset.

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi laserman16

Thanks for replying. Yes, it's got the latest firmware. Now I think more, it's usually C4 HD where this problem occurs. It's usually with the start time but just looking on there, I recorded Clear and Present Danger on 28/1 and the film lasted 2h 40, but the recording lasts 4h 48! Looks like that time it didn't get the end signal!

Re the Standy problem, yes, I may try Initializing it and running setup again and see if that clears it.

Cheers

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I had a similar problem with my Panny DMR-EX75 a long while back. Copying off all the programs I wanted to keep, and reformating the HD seemed to work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts