Panasonic BD30 something not quite right?

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I have a BD30 which I connect via hdmi to my Onkyo 606 which in turn is hdmi to my Panasonic PV500.

So my issue is when watching a blu ray something some of the time just doesn't look right to me.

It's almost as if the picture is not quite as smooth as it should be. This typically involves foreground movement against a background. The foreground image almost looks floaty over the background, if that makes any sense?

Sorry if this is sounding vague but its really difficult to pin down what I am seeing as a problem.

I have Sky+HD and this shows a perfect HD picture with none of what I am seeing from the BD30.

I know the PV500 is only 720p so that is what I have set the BD30 to.

Any suggestions?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The fact that the Sky HD looks OK and the BD doesn't suggests some kind of downscaling problems in the player, as it's taking the BD image down to 720p. Does switching to 1080i output on the player help at all?

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I have tried 1080i as well as this is what the Sky+HD is setup to but it looks the same.

I do remember thinking something similar when I got Sky HD so maybe it is just going to get used to it. Just something does look real.

Maybe the picture is looking too sharp if that possible.

I might try a direct hdmi into the panel to see if that makes any difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts