Panasonic 65VT65 £2398

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Get John Lewis to price match:

http://www.electricalexperience.co.uk/panasonic-tx-p65vt65b-p65vt65b-3d-smart-plasma-television-built-in-wi-fi.html?awc=2276_1397116980_40bb4804ffebabcba556cbc4da8975df

Cracking deal! :clap: You should buy, BB! :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats an amazing price - someone should snap that up I paid a £1k more than that and would again tomorrow without hesitation - this TV is awesome!

I have seen projectors - that extra size is amazing - but 65" if you sit at a reasonable distance has the same effect without worry of light etc

If someone interested was sat down in front of mine for 10 minutes - they would snap that up!!

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I don't have any intentions for a Panasonic at this time.:)

I may go for a projector instead. Let's see, things will become more clear when I go to see the living room again (probably May).

What about buying both? £2400 for a 65 inch TV is a cracking deal and then buy the projector too? Will your system accommodate both?

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Thats an amazing price - someone should snap that up I paid a £1k more than that and would again tomorrow without hesitation - this TV is awesome!

I have seen projectors - that extra size is amazing - but 65" if you sit at a reasonable distance has the same effect without worry of light etc

If someone interested was sat down in front of mine for 10 minutes - they would snap that up!!

Agreed. It is a huge bargain and the TV is awesome. John Lewis will cover you too.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its the accuracy of it that stones me everytime - you can properly appreciate / distinguish the artwork / image in everything.

Tron for example - the fake young Jeff Bridges looks almost real next to the real life characters with a good 2.4 gamma / BT 1886 Calibration. Amazing CG by Disney to do that.

gel said:
bigboss said:
I don't have any intentions for a Panasonic at this time.:)

I may go for a projector instead. Let's see, things will become more clear when I go to see the living room again (probably May).

What about buying both? £2400 for a 65 inch TV is a cracking deal and then buy the projector too? Will your system accommodate both?

The reason for a projector is because TV isn't practical.

ellisdj said:

Interestingly, after I demoed the projector for about an hour, the dealer rolled the projector screen up (motorized). Behind it was a 65-inch plasma TV (I think VT65). I was so underwhelmed by how tiny the picture looked in comparison! Once you get used to a large size, it becomes difficult to get used to a smaller screen. It's certainly not the same effect.

Your next upgrade should be a projector ellisdj! ;)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Agreed - the projector is massive by comparison.

My point was - if you sit in the right spot a 65 is completely immersive even 3D in letter box which is whats its all about :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have seen a Sim 2 Projector at the Bristol Show, last year - not on a huge screen probs 90 inchs from about 12 feet.

I was amazed by it - the image quality was stunning - checked after its about £10k worth of projetcor.

I sold my Kuro - got the 65VT65 and now get so close to that experience that I do not miss it - I get as good picture quality on almost that scale from 8 feet.

Now 100 inch at 8 feet would be a bit special I dont deny but i dont crave for it. I crave for better sound as to me thats what make the film in the first place!!

Just ordered my SVS SB13 Ultra - which has surpised me as well - you should be budgeting for one in your build!

This one looks really good, but waaaay out of my budget :roll: :

DB1_Rosenut_OFF.jpg

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Got one on.home demo right now, the SVS is a different class to that, i also prefer my BK to it in a lot of ways.

Dare say the B&W would be.good but that will.need a.good room/ placement to get anything value.of.it.

Can you not get a MA platinum sub with.wood veneer?

That's over my budget. Anyway, there have been significant changes to my home cinema plans (check my new home cinema plans thread) as my wife has agreed to remove the fireplace.

So now, I'm planning on MA 6AV12 kit with a couple of extra speakers for rear surrounds, and use my AW12 sub as well. Essentially, I'm planning on a 7.2 setup.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Got one on.home demo right now, the SVS is a different class to that, i also prefer my BK to it in a lot of ways.

Dare say the B&W would be.good but that will.need a.good room/ placement to get anything value.of.it.

Can you not get a MA platinum sub with.wood veneer?

where do you get a home demo from for subs and speakers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts