Panasonic 50GT30 Fan Noise?

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
For any of you who own this model,

Does your fan constantly oscillate between on and off every say 5 seconds?

I thought the fan would only turn on when the plasma has been on for a while and is overheating, but instead...on off...every 5 seconds.

This is my first plasma, Is this noisy fan the norm with plasma's?

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
hope its not a fault that affects these plasmas as i have got this tv coming sat,i have had 3 panasonic plasmas and never had any problems, get it checked out by your dealer, may just be a rouge fan good luck ian , ps cant wait to get tv up and running sat.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Hi,

I have a VT30 and the fan stays on all the time, it can be heard at lower listening volumes.

+1 for that with my GT30. Not audible unless i listen through the tv speakers at low volume levels and when using my surround speakers it's not audible atall...you should expect some fan noise from plasma tvs as they tend to get hotter than lcd/led and need constant cooling.

A

Anonymous

Hi vpacalypse I have confirmed here, and the GT30 range fans should run continuously, and are only really noticeable if the volume is very low or muted as others have said.

If the fans are not running continually and are noisy then it sounds like it may have developed a fault. Please contact a local authorised repair agent or get in touch with the selling dealer to have your TV inspected.

A local authorised repair agent can be found using our service centre locator at www.panasonic.co.uk/support

Sorry to be potentially the bearer of bad news, our products are incredibly reliable but as you can appreciate with any manufactured product faults can sometimes occur. One of our repair agents should be able to quickly resolve this for you.

Hope this helps

Adam

A

Anonymous

I have the 46GT30B, the fans run continuously and are silent to my ears - certainly nothing can be heard at low volumes.

Paul.

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Getting my 50GT30 delivered on Monday. Should I run it for a couple of weeks with the out the box settings before adjusting presets etc, to let it burn in?

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks. Im not one for having my tv on vivid settings anyway, much prefer a more natural realistic look. I will run in in THX mode for a while first. thanks.

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
:) hi got my 50 gt 30 panny and am very pleased with it,but agree with original post that at low volume the fan can be heard running , hope as it gets older it does not get louder, but not a big issue , picture is stunning . :

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts