Panasonic 42VT20 - excellent!

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,

I brought back my 42V20 on friday and picked up the 42VT20.. It was a nervous trip home and installation! I'm getting amazingly efficient at taking down and putting up tvs on my wall mount now.. far to much practice!

Ok so what about the 40VT20?

My main issues with the V20 were buzzing and floating blacks - both have been solved on the VT20 so I am delighted. So far love the VT20, it has the same spec panel as the V20, but for some reason and I'm not dreaming - the black level just seems much deeper.. (almost to deep!) Its amazing.. I watched some of the ryder cup highlights on bbchd last night, and motion seemed fine, looking forward to seeing a football match on it, just to be sure.. the x factor on ITV1 HD looked astounding..

All in all i'm delighted so far, and i havent even tried the 3d yet. I dont want the kids watching 3d as they are to young and my daughter is very sensitive to light etc, so i'm the only one in the house that will be watching 3d... so i just need to get rid of my wife for a few hours some night to give it a try. Apparently the 2d-3d conversion works quite well so I'll have to give that a go!

I also picked up a BDT300 3d blu-ray player with the tv, it allows me to run a HDMI direct to the screen for 3d, and 1.3 cable to my receiver for hd audio.. This works quite well. I also have a ps3... so i'm dying to get a chance to play with the 3d to compare the dedicated player to the ps3 for quality. The BDT300 isnt the quickest in terms of load speeds but its faster than the BS850 blu-ray recorder i replaced it with.

We're getting sky hd back this week after our trial separation. We were using freesat+ for the last couple of months... but with Irish tvs channels not on it, it was just to cumbersome to be messing around for recording etc. I was also dissapointed with the freesat performance of the BS850. For such a high spec piece of kit, the slugishness was unforgivable. I'm sure this has been sorted with the newer model but i couldnt justify the price. I also wanted the BDT300 for 3d playback and a dedicated blu-ray player. I couldnt have the BS850, BDT300 and ps3.. just be overkill!...

Ok so just to recap, the 42VT20 is amazing.. i'm hoping it stays that way :) oh and a big thanks to my wife for being so understanding in relation to my craze for AV gear! I am signing up to a 5 year, hardware upgrade moratorium... any more purchases and its rehab for me...

Cheers,

Mick

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
it should be very simillar to the 50vt20, the main difference is the 42/46 VTs do 2d - 3d conversion on the fly. I dont think thats built into the 50VT but i've heard it may be added as a firmware update.. only gripe i have is that they dont include the new type panasonic glasses in the box..

these look much handier from a use/charging point of view.. i have asked my retailer if i can swap mine as i havent even opened the box yet!

http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/3d/3d_eyewear/index.html

tvspecv:glad you`re happy the t really does wonder if this has the same spec as the 50vt20b? mines pretty amazing to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts